•|CHAPTER 4 💜🏝️|•

(unedited)

Zahrah's wedding.👰👰
October

Zahrah radiated in her silver sequined lace which is sewn into a ball gown, which was designed to shimmer like light off the face of water. Her neck, wrist and ankles were adorned with pure silver jewelries. She wrapped her head with a simple white veil, and a silver tiara glitters on her head. Her hands and legs were beautifully decorated in maroon and green henna by the best Henna artist in Abuja.
Her makeup brought out more of her natural beauty because it was light and simple.
She looks more beautiful than ever even though there was no event.

That afternoon, the wedding fatiha was held after Jummaat prayer in the Mosque. Literally, Zahra is now Mrs Marafa.
Shortly afterwards, there was a walima in the compound. A lot of people came to rejoice with them. It was an expensive walima, where drinks, food of assorted types were available. Everyone was happy except for Zahra the bride.

"Zahra, are you okay?". Nabeelah asked as she walked into the room.
She had been downstairs entertaining the visitors. She's wearing a royalblue swiss lace sewn into a mermaid dress that looks pretty on her, her headwrap was made with silver raw silk and it was tied in side ruffles style.

What was she expecting me to say? I'm fine!. I mean today is supposed to be the happiest day of my life but it's definitely the opposite. I just had to tell her what she wanted to hear. "Yeah, I'm fine". I said in a tone that held no room for arguments.

My phone vibrated, I picked it up and it was a message from Nazir.

"Hey loml, I'm soo sorry if I have offended you unknowingly. Please give me another chance. Reply my messages, tell me what's going on. I promise you I'll stand by you. Please Zahra".

I bent down my head sobbing gently. I couldn't help but to pick up my phone and text Nazir. It's better I tell him the truth and be free than ignore him.

Dear Nazir,
I hope you are doing fine. I'm doing okay over here too. I'm texting you to bid you a love filled yet sad goodbye. Could things have been different?, I don't know. Remember what we talked about the last day you came?. I'm extremely sorry and I promise you, I never knew this was going to happen. Today is my wedding.
All these years, Abhi had me betrothed to his best friend without my knowledge. I have no choice but to obey my parent. I mean you always stood up for me and I wasn't able to do Same for you. I have never truly told you how much I love you but trust me, I do. Ever since you have come into my life, you have made it beautiful and changed me for good. I'll miss you
Please find a place in your heart to forgive me.
Nevertheless, I wish you all the best in your journey of becoming a medical doctor. And I hope that you achieve all that you wish for. You'll always be my Nazir.
Love: Zahra ❤️

What was I thinking?, I'd probably never see my Nazir again, but he'll always be on my mind. It hurts to say his name, it hurts to even think about him. Funny how someone can make you feel happy and sad at the same time .Allah knows best,I sniffed and tried to smile.

6:30pm, my luggages were arranged in the car. All the guests had already departed to their various homes. I wore a gorgeous golden color mermaid dress with golden and black alkybba. I felt a little uncomfortable in the ankle strap heels because I'm not used to wearing high heels. I had no choice but to wear it. Ummi showered me with Arabian scents,a new set of golden jewelries were sitting pretty around my neck, wrists and ankles. After the advice session from ummi which made me cry my heart out,I was escorted out of the house by Ummi, Hanan and Nabeelah.
I took one last glance at the house and tears streamed down my cheek. I couldn't stand leaving my family. I waved at them for the last time and wept bitterly as we drove out of compound.