9- "You look pretty"

Our school has two basketball courts: indoor and outdoor. I texted Jackson, the boys' basketball captain and we decided that the boys will use the indoor court on Mondays and Wednesday whereas the girls will use the indoor court on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Today was Friday and as me and Clara did not have practice, we decided to hit the beach along with Jess. Sitting under the shade and sipping from a lemonade, Jessica told us what happened on the Sunday night with Jake. I had heard all about it from my brother but I wanted to listen to to it from her point of view.

"Did y'all have fun yesterday?" I asked Jessica, in hopes of leading the conversation in that direction. 

"Yeah, it was fun," Jessica admitted. "Too bad you both weren't free."

"Could have called Liam," Clara said.

"Unless you both wanted to spend some lone time," I said, teasing my friend.

"What, no!" Jessica said, putting her glass down. 

"Ooooo," Clara's reaction was expected. "So did something happen?"

Jessica glanced at me. 

"Yeah, I know he's my brother," I said. "Don't mind it, just tell me."

"Yeah, he's a nice guy," Clara said. "And so are you. I don't think Scarlett would mind you both dating."

"We'll see to that," I said in a dramatic way. Of course I was joking and they both knew that.

"Nothing special." Jessica shrugged. "We baked a cake together, ordered food and watched a movie."

"Sounds like a date," Clara said, sipping from her orange juice.

"Except that it wasn't!" Jessica clarified.

"Anyways," I said changing the subject but not really. "Who are you all doing with to the homecoming?"

"Oh, I don't know," Clara shook her head. "Should I ask Jackson?"

"Who's Jackson?" Jessica asked.

"The captain of the boys' basketball," I said.

"I'm not remembering him," Jessica shook her head. "Description?"

"African-American, has a charming smile and a sweet personality," I said, in hopes of making Jess remember him.

"Not to mention his hot athletic body," Clara added. "I mean, I'm just saying because she doesn't know him personally."

"What about you?" Jessica asked me.

"Ashen," I said and took a sip from my own lemonade.

"Oh, he's hot," Jessica nodded. "And totally you're type."

"I just hope he's not a asshole," Clara said.

"Who cares?' I shrugged. "It's just a homecoming date."

"And you're not gonna have sex with him later?" Jessica raised her eyebrows.

"I might, yeah," I nodded, not trying to hide my intentions. "If he wants to then why not."

"I really want to see to see you get emotionally attached with someone," Jessica said and Clara agreed. No, I don't want that.

"Who are you going with?" I asked Jess, which was my main reason for bringing this whole conversation. I already knew Clara did not have a date yet.

"I don't know," Jessica shrugged. She hesitated before saying, "Jake said we should go together if we don't end up with a date."

"So you're gonna refuse all the boys if they come to ask you," Clara said as if it was the most obvious thing ever.