14- "I'll practice more."

"What?" Jasper said with no attempt to hide his surprise.

"What?" I said, looking at him. The wind blew my curtain bangs, that were not tied up in the bun, across my face. I smiled as I tucked the loose strands behind my ears.

"Uh, I mean," He said, trying to find the right words. "You have this player reputation and a confident aura around you that I thought- I mean you don't seem....innocent? No wait that's not the correct word. No, like, I'm not saying being a virgin is bad. It's good. What I mean is..."

I laughed at him trying to find the right words. "I get it," I said and he looked slightly relieved. "Don't worry, I'm not offended. I make sex jokes and stuff so it's understandable that you thought I wasn't a virgin. You were right about me not being innocent, though." I winked and took a sip out of my can.

"I-I'm sorry for assuming," He said, looking guilty.

"Don't fret about it, babe," I said casually, waving it away. "We're friends...right?"

"Of course," He smiled at me and my heart suddenly ached. I had an urge to throw my arms around his neck and kiss him. What was wrong with me? "Don't babe me ever again or I'll kill you."

A mischievous grin formed on my faced and he groaned. "You're gonna annoy me, aren't you?" He said, looking up while whining.

I shrugged innocently.

We sat there talking about random things, wondering why Liam and Clara hadn't come over to us already as they didn't have their arts class. Jasper's phone rang and he frowned at the unknown number on the screen before picking it up.

"Hello?" He said. Barely a second later his eyes widened as if he had seen a ghost. "Uh...yeah. This Saturday?" A pause. "Oh, okay I'll try." The call ended and he looked at me almost helplessly.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"You know the girl I was just telling you about?" He asked.

"Your girlfriend?" I asked. "What did she say?"

"She's not my girlfriend," Jasper groaned. "We just talked a bit and decided to go on a date-"

"And she asked you to sick her fingers on the first-" I began.

"Yes, yes, we know," Jasper cut me off and chuckled. "I tried to look past that date but we are just not compatible. Anyways, she invited me over to a party this Saturday."

"You gonna go?" I asked.

"I don't wanna," He said. "But like I have to tell her that I'm not interested without sounding rude. I tried distancing myself but she can't take a damn hint."

"Tell her you have a girlfriend or something," I shrugged.

"I would become an asshole who goes on dates with girls despite having a girlfriend," Jasper pointed out.

"Tell her you got a girlfriend after you went on a date with her," I suggested.

"'A player who talks to multiple girls at the same time' isn't a very nice title either," Jasper said.

"Just take someone with you to the party and if she initiate things with you she'll become the so called homewrecker who "stole" you from your one time date," I suggested jokingly.

"She's actually crazy enough to think there is a home to be wrecked," Jasper said. "And she'll definitely blame it on the girl which is more of a reason to not go with the plan because I don't want to make some girl go through shit because of me."

"I can go with you," I said with a shrug. "You've made me curious to find out as to who the girl is."

"I don't want you to go through shit-" Jasper began.