Janus, loop 2

I woke up to my scales itching like crazy. I sighed and rolled off my bed, making my way to my mirror.

My scales have turned dull. I figured by the end of the day it would start hardening.

There was a knock at my door.

"Come in?" I said.

Patton opened the door, plate in hand, "hey kiddo, I brought you some breakfast! I knew you were probably tired from yesterday, so we also let you sleep in."

I looked at him strangely, "are you pulling a prank on me?"

Patton tilted his head, "what are you talking about?"

"The past two days you've made me Pattoncakes and let me sleep in!" I huffed.

"Kiddo, that's impossible! We were just filming yesterday and we all had to wake up early for that." Patton said, placing the Pattoncakes down, "are you feeling okay?"

I groaned, trying not to rub my face, "I'm not sure."

Patton frowned and felt my forehead, "well you're not burning up... But your scales are a little duller than normal."

"That's just from my shed." I sighed.

"Okay. If you're not feeling too good later on, I'm just a call away, okay?" Patton told me.

I nodded, "I know."

Patton gave me a smile, "alright kiddo, stay safe."

Patton closed my door as I flopped down on my bed. Something was off. The days seemed to keep repeating themselves.

Could I be in a time loop?

I hummed to myself. The evidence was all there. The same breakfast, delivered the same way three days in a row? The chances of that are infinitesimal-

"That was one time!" Logan barged into my room, making jump and fall off my bed.

"What the hell!?" I yelled, sitting up.

Logan looked adorably embarrassed, straightening up and adjusting his tie, "a-apologies, I don't know what came over me."

I groaned, "it's fine."

"If that's all, I will continue reading my book. Which is what I was doing before I... barged in..." Logan said, his cheeks tinting pink.

"What book?" I asked before Logan could leave.

Logan gave me a strange look with his piercing chocolate eyes, "The third Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, why?"

I felt the blood drain from my face, "n-no reason. A-also, do you happen to know where Roman is?"

Logan nodded, "he went to the Imagination. He said he'd be back by dinner. Why are you asking all these questions?"

"No reason, just curiosity." I smiled, picking myself up from the floor, "sorry to disturb your read time! I won't do it again!"

I quickly pushed him out the door and closed it. I crawled back into my bed.

"Okay, so everything has been the same for the past three days! Except I keep shedding through this, so if it is a time loop it doesn't affect me." I sighed, "there's got to be a way to check..."

I thought for a while. If I moved or changed something noticable, and it went back to it's original state tomorrow, then I would know it's a time loop.

I groaned as I got out of bed. My left side was starting to get stiff as the shed started to harden. I huffed, dragging my full length mirror to the other side of my room. For good measure, I put a sticky note it, telling anyone that might come in to not move it.

With that done, I collapsed back on my bed. Then I realized that I should probably take my shirt off before my shed gets stuck on it.

"I hate shedding." I mumbled as I fell back for, hopefully, the last time.

I was just starting to drift off when someone knocked on my door.

Oh yeah. Roman checked in my last time. Had the day really gone by that fast?

"I'm sorry Roman, but due to my shedding I am unable to attend dinner." I yelled.

"Oh! Well then I hope your shedding goes smoothly." Roman said, "I'll leave you alone."

I sighed as my eyes fell closed. This nightmare will all be over soon. Then I'll get back to normal, or what's considered normal for this weird family.