Logan

I woke up laying on a hospital bed. I sat up and saw Janus, still asleep. I gently traced the wounds on his face from the scale rot. He was so skinny when we found him, I wondered how many times he suffered through the same day. It must have been torture.

Janus stirred, his eyes widening when he saw me.

"Logan?" He whispered.

I smiled, pushing his hair back, "hey Jan. You broke the loop."

"I did?" Janus started crying, "I'm free?"

I nodded, "you're free Jan. Well, you have to stay on bed rest until you reach a more acceptable weight, but soon you'll be back to normal."

Janus nodded. I brushed some stray tears off his scales. His beautiful scales.

"Logan?" Janus whispered, "during one of the loops... There was an accident. You died."

I blinked, "what?"

Janus nodded, "I was sparring with Roman and you came by after dropping off some books at the library, but then nightmares attacked. We ran and I tripped. I stabbed you. You died because of me."

I pulled him into a tight hug, "it's okay Jan. It was an accident. I'm not mad at you."

"You don't hate me?" Janus whimpered.

I shook my head, "no. In fact, I love you."

Janus have a small laugh, "I know. I love you too."

I smiled, "may I kiss you?"

Janus chuckled, "of course."

I smiled and leaned down. Our lips met gently and briefly.

"Awwwwww!" Patton squealed, making us jump.

"Patton." Janus blushed darkly.

"Sorry kiddos! I just wanted to check on you." Patton smiled, "and congratulate you on getting out of the time loop!"

Janus smiled softly, "thanks Patt."

"No problem kiddo!" Patton giggled, "I'll leave you two alone now."

Janus and I nodded, being left in silence.

"So, what now?" I asked.

Janus smirked, "we could kiss more?"

I smiled, "whatever you want.