Chapter 24 : Bennett

"I hate it here!"

Bennett scoffed, "You've said that everyday for the past week." I groaned watching him flip the page of a cookbook.

"Are you reading a cookbook for fun or because you're bored?" I raised an eyebrow leaning over the side of my bed to get a better look at the inside of the book.

He pulled the book to his chest giving me a weird look. "For fun, why?"

"Who reads a cookbook for fun?"

He slowly pulled the book away from his chest, closed it and set it on the side table between our beds before turning to me. "I have a feeling this isn't so much about me reading a cookbook for fun but more about you being bored and not knowing what to do." I stared at him not saying anything. He raised a slick brow challenging me to tell him he's wrong. "Am I wrong?" I sighed giving up.

"I'm bored out of my mind!" I threw my hands up. I had finished catching up on all my classes yesterday and had read all the books both Jordan and Declan had brought me, I had told them the exact names and authors of the books I wanted from my library and they still somehow brought me the wrong ones! I was slowly going crazy just sitting here!

"Would you like to read with me?" I watched him for a minute. He looked at me expectantly. "Oh you were being serious." I slowly sat up and smiled when he just gave me a 'seriously' look.

Pulling my blanket off I got out of bed and walked to his. I stood awkwardly by the side of his bed waiting for him to scoot over. He rolled his eyes while moving over, I smiled and got under the blanket as well. I was cold.

He held his hand out and I stared at it before grabbing his cookbook and placing it in his hand. He opened it and started reading about different breads. I got bored very easily. Feeling a little confident I placed my hand on his thigh, over the blanket not under! I'm not that confident.

I could see him glance down before going back to reading out of the corner of my eye. I moved my hand slightly up and watched him glance sideways at me. I kept my eyes trained on the picture of bread the whole time. I didn't move my hand any further but almost jumped out of the bed when a hand was placed on my thigh.

I narrowed my eyes at the book. If that's how he wants to play it then let the games begin.

I moved my hand slightly higher and leaned into him more. His hand slowly moved up as his figures moved in soothing circles. A heat built in my lower stomach as his figures massaged my inner thigh. I sucked in a breath and started moving my hand up and down on his leg. His hand moved just the slightest bit higher and I lost it.

I grabbed the book out of his hand and dropped it on the floor. Sitting up I moved to straddle his lap not taking my eyes off his. His eyes widened as his mouth popped open in shock, I was shocked at myself as well. I grabbed his cheeks and smashed my lips to his before my courage disappeared.

His lips didn't move until I bit his lip, it was by accident but I don't think he knows that. He kissed me back and I was stuck. I felt like I was going to flout, like I was drowning and then I finally got to breath. His lips molded mine at a steady pace. His kiss was so different compared to Jordan's, I'm not saying Jordan's was better! It was just.. different.

Bennett's kiss was controlling and powerful. Every move he made seemed planned, every move I made it seemed like he knew what I was going to do. It was weird but hot at the same time.

Wrapping my arms around his neck about to deepen the kiss when I feel his tongue slide along the seam of my lips. Shocked my lips open slightly giving him the opening that he wanted. My tongue fought his for dominance and I really tried to beat him but when I lost I could feel his lips curve against mine and that made it worth losing. To feel him smile against my lips was like watching a flower bloom, it's weird I know but my chest was overflowed with warmth and I can only describe that as watching a flower bloom.

I pulled on his hair and blushed when he groaned. I pulled harder and sat up on my knees making him have to lean up to me. The beeping of his heart monitor was going off the hook and I smiled glad that I had that effect on him. I pulled away for air and giggled when he followed me.

I grabbed his cheeks and held him in place. Bennett's hair was a mess and I loved the look on him. He leaned forward and rested his forehead on my shoulder and my breath hitched when his breath fanned down my shirt. We were both breathing hard and I could have sworn my own heart was louder than his monitor.

I giggled and giggled even harder when Bennett's deep chuckle followed. I couldn't stop laughing, I just kissed Bennett.. I just kissed Bennett.. I just kissed Bennett!

I locked eyes with him and kissed him again. This time it was gentle and made me feel like I was on cloud nine. I pulled back and smiled at him.

He tilted his head and looked at me thoughtfully, "Did I um, did you like it?"

I wanted to laugh but didn't. "Liked it?" He nodded hesitantly. I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his firmly. Leaning back I raised my eyebrow, "Does that answer your question?"

He blinked slowly nodding. He made me feel confident and I loved that. "I would ask if you liked it but I already got my answer." I looked down at what had been poking my thigh this whole time. I met his eyes and smiled at the blush covering his face.

"Sorry." He mumbled trying to move away from me. I smiled even bigger and hugged him. "Don't ever be sorry for that, it just lets me know you like me." My lips were starting to hurt from smiling.

"Yeah, like you." He whispered under his breath but I heard it. "What?"

"Nothing." I glanced at the back of his head and wondered if he didn't like me. Then if he didn't like me why would he get turned on then? Was it because he hasn't gotten any for- "Stop over thinking it, I know you heard me but don't overthink it. You're just not ready to hear what I have to say." He pulled away and leaned against his pillows but kept his hands on my upper thighs.

I narrowed my eyes leaning closer to him, "How do you know I'm not ready to hear what you have to say?"

"Because I know you." I scoffed sitting back and crossed my arms.

"Tell me, I can handle it." He shook his head, not looking at me. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it, making him glance at me. "I can handle it, I promise." I pleaded. I really wanted to know what he was talking about.

Bennett sighed and pierced me with how much emotion was in his icy blue eyes. "I love you." I can't handle it.

"Thanks! You're great!" I stuck my fist out and watched him confusedly fist bump me. I got off his bed and waved at him as I walked backwards to my bed. "You're amazing!" I gave him a thumbs up and then pulled the curtain that separates our beds.

I sat on my bed and wondered if that really just happened. "Did I really just fist bump him after he told me he loved me?" I whispered to myself.

"Yes, yes you did." I spun around and gaped with wide eyes at the face only a couple inches away from my face. "Lillian?"

"Here and in the flesh." She smiled leaning back. "And you need my help bad."
______________________________________

Not as long as before but it's still a chapter! I hope what's inside makes up for it being short, I'll be trying to update one a week like on Saturday or Sunday. I'm sorry for taking so many breaks but I'm back! Plus my little brother's birthday is tormorrow! That's all. Peace, I'm out✌

Vote. Comment. & Follow