20. Annoying?!

Chapter written by Aaku_14

M A N I K

"What's happening?" I was suddenly worried as I saw her figure fading away. "Nandini." I tried touching her but my hand passed right through her, making me panic. What was happening?

"Manik I am disappearing." Her voice faded along with her and the next second she was completely gone. I looked around but she wasn't there.

"Nandini I hate this kind of jokes. Come out." The thought of her not being around made me feel stuffy inside. "Nandini I am-" My words stopped midways when she appeared right in the cupboard.

"What the hell? Did you think that prank was funny?" I yelled on seeing her.

"It wasn't my doing." She denied. "A moment ago I felt like I was going to disappear. It was as though I was being pulled inside a dark abyss."

She wasn't lying. She clearly was scared with what just happened. Sighing, I held her cold hand and pulled her out of the cupboard.

"I am sorry. I shouldn't have shouted like that." I apologized and trust me this was the first time I was acting like this. I couldn't comphrehend my own actions. I was acting really strange.

"No it's okay. I am just confused. Am I going to disappear?" She asked, anxious.

I don't know what got into me, I just pulled her in my embrace and hugged her tightly.
She didn't hold back either. She wrapped her hands around my waist and hugged me. "You really do care about me." Her voice was a mere whisper but I heard it.

"I don't. Why would I care about a shameless ghost like you?" I contradicted.

"Why are your actions always so different than your words?"

"What different? I thought you were going to cry and I didn't want my ear to explode from your pitiful cries." I blurted. I loosened my hold on her waist but before I could let go off her completely, she tighten her hold on my waist.

"Stay like this just for a moment." She said, snuggling more into my chest.

"Shameless ghost."

She chuckled at my remark. "Shall I show you some shamelessness?" She raised her head to look at me, smiling mischievously. What was she up to?

I was about to push her away when I felt her right hand slid inside my shirt and caress my bare back. I gulped a huge amount of saliva on feeling her cold touch. Her hand surely felt cold but it felt warm inside. Urghh- I must be crazy.

Pushing her slightly, I stepped back almost immediately and she laughed on seeing my reaction. "It's so much fun to tease you." She said in between her laughter and I couldn't help but huff. My heart had been thumping crazily and here the sound of her laughter just was making it jump even more.

I didn't say a word to counter her words instead I stayed silent, looking at her laughing figure. She was sad and scared a while ago and now she had been laughing wholeheartedly. Damn she really couldn't stay sad for long and I must admit that surely was one among the million positive traits of her.

Her laughter stopped when she spotted me staring at her.

Fuck I am busted.

I almost immediately averted my gaze towards the ceiling. "You sneaky monster." I heard her say and the next moment she was right in front of my eyes or rather say she appeared on the ceiling - you know like those ceiling ghosts. Just the thought of those ghosts gave me creeps.