33. Love is in the cupboard

Chapter written by Aaku_14

M A N I K

"Where did we first meet?" Nandini asked before anyone else could place a question for me. We were playing truth or dare and that damn bottle tip had stopped right on me. I could have chosen dare but knowing Cabir's stupid dares I chose truth.

"Nandini isn't that too easy for a question? You are trying to prevent us from asking Manik strange questions, aren't you?" Mukti accused.

"Absolutely not. I am curious too." Nandini contradicted.

"We don't know how they met. So it's a new information to be found. And there'll always a next chance Mukti." Abhi spoke out in Nandini's favour and Mukti made a grumpy face.

"You should be siding with me."

"I am just saying that you can ask another time." He shrugged.

"Fine. Let's hear your answer Manik." Mukti put her glass down before looking at me.

"We first met at the crossroad near city hospital." I said remembering the car accident incident. It was something I didn't want to be reminded of.

"Continue." Alya said.

"That's it. That's where we met. Nandini asked me where and I replied to that question."

"Hey that's not fair. Tell me in detail." Nandini shook me a bit and I showed her my tongue before spinning the bottle. Everyone except for Dhruv, Abhi and Cabir shouted when I spinned the bottle.

"Manik this isn't fair." Navya stopped the spinning bottle with her hands. "Tell us how you met her."

"Navya it would be a boring story to listen. Let this pass." Cabir spoke in my favour, probably knowing I couldn't tell them about meeting her when she was a ghost.

"What pass? No tell us." Nandini spoke out this time.

"Ok fine I'll tell." I paused. "Eh, she was crossing the road and I saw her. That's it." Well I wasn't lying. A half truth isn't a lie after all.

"Huh? That's it. I mean you guys didn't interact. No eye contact. No hero saving a girl in despair." Alya pried.

"This isn't a movie okay. She didn't even notice me probably." I said looking at Nandini.

"Okay so that's when you fell in love at first sight with her?" Alya added.

"You can assume that." I said before spinning the bottle.

"Assume. What assume? Hey, give us a concrete answer." Mukti was all ready to pounce on me. Right then the bottle tip stopped at Nandini.

"It's Nandini's turn now. Nandini truth or dare?" Cabir shouted instantly to cover up for me.

"You guys- seriously!" Mukti huffed.

"Hah fine. Dare." Nandini chose.

"That's a good choice." Cabir grinned and I knew my doom was near.

"I'll give the dare, okay?" He said excitedly rubbing his palms.

"No I contradict." I said but well my words went right pass through his ears.

"Five minutes in that cupboard with Manik." He declared, pointing towards the cupboard in the corner of the terrace.

"Hey! that cupboard is filled with our party decoration items and how can you even think that two persons would fit in there?" I argued.