𝓔𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 ➳ Money is indeed the best!

The next morning, I woke up earlier than my usual routine. I was too excited thinking about getting a new dress and pair of shoes. And maybe new jewelry? I grinned from ear to ear, getting out of my bed.

I walked towards the door quietly and opened the door a little, poking my head out through that small opening. My heart almost leaped out of my chest when I saw Ageon silently standing beside the door. This guy really likes giving me mini heart attacks!

I walked out through the door and faced him. "Sir Mades, what are you doing here so early in the morning?" I asked, crossing my hands on my chest. He eyed me silently, eyes stopping on my face. His eyes looked unfocused as if lost in his thoughts. A frown formed on my lips as I let out a cough.

Snapping out of his daze, he immediately bowed his head and greeted me. "Good morning, my lady." I gave him a hard stare, meeting his gaze. "Sir Mades, why are you here so early?" He remained silent, refusing to fess up. An unpleasant idea came up to me, my lips forming a thin line. "Don't tell me...you stayed here all night?"

"My apologies, my lady, for not taking heed of your word. It is my duty to protect you," He confessed, dropping his gaze to the floor. My lips tugged downwards, forming a frown. I closed my eyes and sighed. Feeling his gaze, I fluttered my eyes open and caught him staring at me in a daze again.

My brows furrowed as I narrowed my eyes at him. "Why are you staring at me like that?" His shoulders tensed up, pursing his lips. A glint of hesitance flashed through his eyes. Don't tell me...there is a trace of drool on my face? I discreetly brushed the back of my hand on my chin. When I felt no wetness on my skin, I let out a sigh of relief before glancing back at him.

"Sir Mades?" I called out, trying to catch his attention. His eyes gained back its focus and smiled. "Pardon me for a bit, my lady." I cocked an eyebrow at him as I watched him walk towards me. My eyes widened when I felt his hands running through my hair. What... After doing so, he immediately backed away, giving space between us.

"My apologies, my lady. Your hair was slightly messy." I snapped out of my daze and quietly said my thanks, which he responded with a smile. "I'll return to my room now, Sir Mades. Please tell Sia that I'm waiting in my room."

He bowed his head down as I hurriedly went inside the room. I only realized his words when I was finally inside the room. String of curses left my mouth. I hope my hair didn't look like a bird's nest...

I plopped down on the couch near my bed, lost in my thoughts. Not long after, I heard the door open. I glanced at the opened door, smiling, before walking towards her. Celsia greeted me and began preparing for a bath and my clothes.

It took half an hour to finish. I gave myself a twirl in the mirror and nodded. I wore a white, collared long sleeved dress shirt with a small black ribbon and brooch on top paired with a tea-colored, pleated skirt that ends just below my knees with lace embroidered along the hem. A brown, thin leather belt was wrapped around my waist into a ribbon on the side.

We went out of the room and walked towards the garden. Since there is still an hour to spare before the designer and seamstress come, I decided to wait and have tea in the garden. I sat down on a chair as Celsia went off to the kitchen to get the tea and snacks.

The corners of my lips tugged upwards as I took in the scenery before me. Zinnias ranging from colors yellow to red were in full bloom. The garden looked vibrant and cheerful. Not long after, Celsia arrived with the tea and snacks and placed them on the table.

She sat down in front me while he stood beside me. The three of us chatted like old friends, enjoying each others' company. Not long after, a maid called out to me, telling me that they have arrived and were waiting at the receiving room. I quickly followed the maid along with Celsia and Ageon, barely stopping myself from skipping.