Chapter 124 - Gentle

Roger's phone had changed enough that he was able to turn it on. The signal was a bit weak but it did what it was supposed to. He was immediately bombarded with several messages that he had missed, the majority of them coming from his lion friend.

The lion had written about what his job had become, which he thanked him for. It was something he could do wherever he was located at, so he could actually travel around while working, instead of being confined to an office. He was now the cat's secretary; as was the favour he had owed him. It was not necessarily an easy job, but with his unique skill at typing, it worked out.

Several messages that followed asked how he was doing, and since there was no response, the last one said he was going to send a message to the cat to check on him. It told him to respond when he was able.

The other messages were from his parents and a couple of friends. They all voiced their concerns. His parents had apologized that they were able to come during the day. The most recent had told him that his father had come after visiting hours were over, so he was just turned back around. They would see about taking some time off.

His friend, Daniel, had caught wind of his hospital stay, but the details eluded him. He sent a message asking him how he was doing, that he had heard he was sick and hoped that he felt better. He would come by to visit, he insisted. The day was tentative.

A message from Hunter's friend was also there. Brandon, the ferret, had sent him a short message, wishing him well, and also saying it was his intention to visit. No date was mentioned. Roger hoped it was not that day, since he wanted to wash before anyone saw him. Perhaps, if he were so lucky, he might be able to clothe himself.

Roger sent the lion a message saying that he was fine and immediately had several texts telling him the situation that had occurred after he passed out in the hospital. Roger's parents had arrived that day, but it was time for the lion to depart. They had thanked him as he left, and Hunter chose to remain with them. They, as he described, looked very troubled.

After that, he went back to work, he told the fox. The company had just finished a major project and we're working on the next one, as the cat had mentioned pertaining to the latter. He did not give any details, and he did not want to ask about it.

Roger put his phone off to the side and waited. He looked at the card that the doctor had given him, and he took his wallet, depositing it into a small pocket. He turned the television on and changed it to a channel that predominantly played sitcoms that he did not understand just to have some noise in the room.

After his incident earlier he did not want to move about in the room. In spite of trying to stay away from his phone, it was the only entertainment he had until the wolf returned. He eventually found himself back on it, surfing the web.

-

The weasel had eventually come back on shift and greeted him with a warm smile. He asked if everything was okay, to which the fox responded that nothing had changed since he left. The nurse mentioned that he had to turn away his father, though.

Roger nodded. He had already known that that was the case. He asked the question that was on his mind, though.

"Do you think... I can uh, get a shower at some point?" Roger hesitantly asked. He wondered if he should wait for Hunter, though.

"Well, deary," the weasel began. His pose showed that he was beginning to get a little embarrassed. "I suppose if you want a wash we can do that. You can do everything from your neck and down by yourself, but when it comes to your head, I have to do that. Have to be careful, after all. And of course, if you need help... you can ask, and I'll help."