Chapter 99 - Oasis

Roger and Hunter arrived at the fox's house a little after than what was normal for them.

He had wanted to take a little more time just to walk with the wolf. After he had found out that others had begun to be interested in the wolf, it made him appreciate the time they had together a bit more. It was still sunny out. Why rush it?

Still, it was a short path to his house. All roads eventually would end with their destination.

An unlocked door, discarded bags, books, shoes. It was normal, as was the vacancy of the house. They retreated to the fox's room where they sat idly.

The wolf began to remove his clothes idly. Often after practice, he would rinse off in the showers in the locker room, but he needed a real shower, and when he was at the fox's home, it was what he would do after arriving. Roger had begun to grow accustomed to it. He acclimated.

The usual course was that when he returned, it would be the fox's turn to take a shower.

Roger began to take off his clothes as well and smiled at the wolf. He explained that instead of wasting water and time, they could both just take one together, though he had a little bit of difficulty fully articulating his idea initially. The wolf agreed, though, and off they headed to the bathroom.

The fox looked in the mirror, at the portrait of a nude fox standing with paws over private areas; he could feel himself blushing, but breathed relief when he saw that it was not noticeable. Under any normal circumstance, of course, he would not blush at his own sight, but there was the wolf, just as bare as he.

He had but a towel to cover him, but nothing could prevent the fox from imagining the things he had already seen. In essence, the towel was there to hide what needed not to be hidden, for he knew what it looked like, even felt like at this point, but there was a propriety in the wolf's actions. Why had he not followed suit?

He placed his own towel on the bathroom counter. He turned on the water, let it warm, and checked it. Steam began to rise, the mirror fogged, and he could no longer see that moving image. He could no longer see if the embarrassment was hidden.

He was not the first to step foot in the shower. At first, he was hesitant, but with some encouragement, he joined the wolf, in spite of the idea originally being his.

He saw a wolf in front of him, water cascaded down the fur, matting it, but never detracting from his appearance. If anything, it made him look a little silly. He moved away from the water and let some of it run across the fox.

It was warm, almost too warm, but he would get used to it. He smiled at the wolf, who smiled back, water dripping from his muzzle. It was a strange thing to the fox, that he would be taking a shower with another male, but he figured now that things had progressed the way they did, he would have had to have experienced at some point.

His fur matted down just like the wolf's, which was inconsequential. Of course, it would. Why would it not? He put an arm around the wolf's torso and brought him closer, and then he held him. He closed his eyes and enjoyed the warmth. Perhaps it was not too warm.

Every time he thought to himself that he did not believe he could love the wolf more, he was proven wrong. Just being there, listening to the cacophonous ambience from the shower clearing his mind, holding onto the wolf, wet and nude, it felt even more intimate than anything that had done. It felt right to him, more importantly. He always questioned why he waited.

The wolf held him back and even kissed him softly on the top of his head. They whispered soft affections to each other, though neither of them could actually hear, so they had to raise their voice to at least be a small bit over the running water. They laughed short, soft laughs. They smiled.

Even with the physical excitement, he was sure to have appeared, he did not let loose his hold, nor did he even fight away from his lust. It merely existed, he acknowledged idly its presence and accepted it. From what he felt, the wolf must have been doing the same.

He did not let his urges ruin the moment, but it only added to it. It was a sort of magical situation for him, an oasis in the desert, the gem in the sand. He had found something magnificent and wondrous in what was but mundane, and he did not want to let go.

They turned slowly to share the water, and the fox looked up. Everything was blurry, and he thought that perhaps some water had gotten into his eyes. It was probably true, and he blinked the water away, but a part of him knew it was not just water.

The wolf touched his nose to the fox's, and they looked deeply into one another's eyes, seeing not just the physical but the essence that made them.

They closed their eyes and came together, jaws but combined as they exchanged their affections toward one another, their actions speaking for them in what words only could convey on the surface, could only even hint at.

They held each other at that moment that felt longer than eternity. It was truly that island in the sea that they had gathered upon, the sanctuary in the otherwise chaos wrought world that they lived, the summit of the tallest mountain where only they climbed. He felt weak, but the wolf supported him. He did not want to let go. Why would he?

Tears fell down Roger's face, but they were not from any anguish or anxiety.