Chapter-4

Unedited

"I-I need to go" I mused my eyes roved over the room for my Dupatta as I pushed myself off of the bed.

"What? why are you getting up?You haven't  recovered yet dear!" Sudha panicked as she walked in front of me.

"Sudha, thank you for everything. I really am but I....I can't stay here. Please try to understand" I pleaded while adjusting the orange veil on my head.

"But-" Before she could say anything, I stood on my legs and dragged my body toward the door as fast as I could.

There was no way I could stay here, in Aryanka. Especially in this royal palace, I was already sicken by the fact that I was saved by one of Aryanka princes.

As I was immersed in cursing my own fate, my body collided with a hard wall as a gasp left my mouth. Shutting my eyes tight I waited for my body to hit the ground while I lost my balance

But I didn't.

Instead I felt two pair of strong arms around my waist holding me up. With my heart thumping hard against my chest I slowly opened my yes only to witness the most gorgeous face I had ever laid my eyes on as those brownish green pair of eyes which were looking down at me enormously.

"You alright, My lady" His deep low voice husked making me jolt in surprise as I stood up on my feet and adjusted my dupatta in front of my chest properly.

I couldn't help but peered at the tall man through my long lashes.

His dark long curly hair was falling over his forehead and I felt a weird desire to push them back. His sharp nose complimented his slightly high cheekbones and a jaw which seemed sharper than a blade.

His masculine tall fame, his spicy scent everything screamed royalty, power, authority and I wanted to melt under that intense gaze of him.

"You alright My lady? " He repeated himself a bit louder than before.

Shame consumed me completely and I immediately looked down. I wanted to disappear, a man just caught me gawking at him like some wanton lady. What must he be thinking?

"I-uh" Still dazed by his beauty and embarrassment I found myself at lose of words "I'm fine, thank you" I managed to reply in an unusually shy tone.

Before I embarrass myself further I decided to get out of there when a high pitched now-familiar voice called out my name.

"Shri!"

With a heavy sigh I whirled around as Sudha rebuked "Shri, please listen to me, you can't go. It's not up to me to-" She stopped midway as her eyes fell on the man beside me.

Her eyes went wide and cheeks turned pink. she looked down immediately as if she had just seen her would be husband "Pranipat Rajkumaar Jay" Her voice lower and softer than before

Rajkumaar?

This man was a prince of Aryanka? A wave of anger, disgust flushed over me along with disappointment?

Once again I dared to look up, The adoration in my eyes was replaced by raw hatred and disgust for the person standing in from of me.

"What's going on here Sudha?" Mayi walked in looking at me and Sudha with disappointment as she continued turning at Sudha "Didn't I tell you to take care of her? This girl.. " She shook her head

"Mayi I swear on Mahadev, I tried my best to stop her"

I watched as Sudha's face turn pale and a faint sense of guilt settled in my heart, before Mayi could scold him anymore I replied