Jorge Ortega

Jorge Ortega- Colombian-American ancestry;  Jorge is a kind and amiable youth at the high school who develops a long-standing attraction to Julia Nichols that she initially seems unaware of. He is gentle, soft-spoken, and polite, which would put him at a disadvantage if not for his ability to win people over with his passion. He is often perceived as being genuine and remarkably candid, with an earnest desire to understand and help those he encounters. He is generally talkative and sociable and displays a certain confidence in himself, tending to stay true to his promises with a steadfast mindset and intense focus on his goals. Jorge has dreams of improving people's lives through physical therapy after his mother's diagnosis with multiple sclerosis. Jorge is noticeably good at science and considers biology to be his favorite subject. He is a selfless and loyal person as well, proving himself to be nurturing, committed, and protective of his loved ones. He is very service-oriented and tends to be very thoughtful and generous, often treating his loved ones with affection and providing them with flattering words or presenting them with special gifts on random occasions to show his love and consideration for them. Despite being warm and compassionate, he can be self-conscious in certain situations and often becomes flustered around the opposite sex, particularly those he feels an attraction to. Jorge's feelings for Julia are apparent to everyone in their social circle besides Julia herself, who seems oblivious to any form of male attention that may be directed at her. He and Julia are introduced by his best friend Alicia Morales, who notes Josue's undeniable attraction to Julia. Jorge often goes out of the way to assist, compliment, and show affection toward Julia in subtle ways. 

His feelings for her are sincere and he appears to accept her for who she is, being unfazed by her quite nature when around others and finding her quirks endearing. She often questions why Josue chooses her company over that of so many other girls, yet Jorge claims that Julia has a unique charm all her own and maintains a special connection with her. Jorge feels that communicating with Julia comes easily and that she brings him to a safe place. He is easygoing and understanding, with an interest in music, sports, animals, and photography, and his favorite foods are buñuelos and fried chicken. He often volunteers at the local animal shelter and has an interest in playing guitar as well, having been known to write his own songs as a release of some of his bottled-up emotions. He also enjoys going for strolls while listening to music by Post Malone on his phone and visiting the boardwalk at Luna Park. Jorge loves to photograph nature as well and has an Instagram account rampant with the images he has taken. He tends to be relaxed when dealing with situations and tries to maintain a levelheaded demeanor but can sometimes appear to wear his heart on his sleeve when encountering certain situations, appearing more tender and soft-centered than many of his male peers. He is often noted more specifically for his tendency to allow certain things, such as rejection from females, to affect him more deeply than other males. As an emotionally sensitive individual, he tends to be more reactive than some of his male peers as well and can sometimes act in self-contradictory ways that can confuse his family and friends. Jorge requires space to sort out his emotions and can seem outwardly hard, crabby, sarcastic, and distant when needing time alone, although he will quickly revert back to his original state as a gentle, kind, and affectionate young man once his mood has passed. 

Despite his slight sensitivity, he is generally strong, trusting, and even-tempered, with a vivacious and heroic side that inspires him to perform good deeds and exuberantly demonstrate his mindfulness and concern for those he cares about through his responsiveness. He struggles when his assistance isn't needed and may take on large amounts of stress if he is unable to help anyone for a while, regardless of his personal safety. This doesn't only extend to wanting to help people who are in trouble, as he will also defend animals from being hurt or teased. It is often implied that Jorge's relentless desire to help others stems from his own past feelings of being alone and helpless. He gets very defensive over people he has formed strong attachments with, suggesting that his boundless altruism is driven by a sense of compulsion. Jorge values physical activity as well and is a member of the high school's soccer team, in addition to exercising frequently with his friends Alec and Isaiah. Although he doesn't particularly like extreme sports, he enjoys hiking and open water swimming and is somewhat daring with a secret desire to climb Mount Kilimanjaro someday. He enjoys socializing with friends and is determined to live his life to the fullest with his love of traveling, although he tries to balance his adventurous streak with a more domestic side that enjoys cooking candlelight dinners and spending quiet evenings on the couch with Julia as she rests her head on his shoulder during dates at home. Born and raised in southern Florida, Jorge lived in Miami for several years with his family before his father's job transfer to New York. Jorge is considered attractive with his loosely curly black hair, dreamy honey brown eyes, pouty lips, and a rich tan complexion, with light stubble being present upon his face as he approaches young adulthood.

He is somewhat tall for a male at 6 ft 0 in with a medium build and often described as passing for a Caribbean Hispanic or North African. Julia claims that "when Jorge doesn't close his eyes against the sun, they have the most amazing color", describing his light, honey-colored eyes, which he inherited from his mother, as "the prettiest eyes you've ever seen in your life, so much that you don't ever want to look away." He and Julia grow significantly close over their high school years and wind up in several compromising positions on different occasions of their lives, nearly having sex at one point prior to graduation despite not following through with it. The long-distance that separates them pulls them apart for some time nevertheless as they try to maintain their relationship into their early college years. Jorge decides to attend the University of Miami to care for his sick mother when his father receives a temporary job transfer back to Florida. A negative attribute of Jorge's personality is that despite his compassionate nature, he can be very prideful, as he can sometimes refuse to admit his own shortcomings and has a penchant for holding grudges for extended periods. This is evidenced when he experiences slight anger towards Julia when she becomes intimate with another male and prospective love interest at her university named Sebastian a short while after they've broken up, despite his momentarily developing a physical attraction to his college classmate Claudia Bazzi himself while attending school in Florida. The lack of communication on both ends fragmented their relationship for some time, although they reconnected shortly after graduation. 

Josue attended Northeastern to pursue his graduate degree in physical therapy, allowing them to rekindle their past romantic feelings for each other. They eventually make love to each other by the ocean once they stop by Myrtle Beach, igniting the passion in their relationship and reinforcing their commitment to one another. The two remain together over time and fall in love, traveling the world together for several years and eventually marrying in their late 20s and going on a honeymoon to Machu Picchu together. He and Julia end up having three children, a son that they name Dashiel Melvin and two daughters named Theresa Jesenia and Zuset Yanet, whom they take on their frequent trips around the world, including Bali, Indonesia with them. He continues to show his love for Julia in subtle ways throughout their marriage, often performing simple loving acts such as purchasing his wife a bouquet of flowers or offering to give her a massage after a long day's work, as well as surprising her on special occasions and offering his undivided attention on certain dates to show her she is loved. He loved to show he cared through actions rather than words and was particularly sensitive to Julia's feelings during her time of the month. He had a habit of keeping track of when her period was "about to curse her life" and surprising her on the specified date with ginger ale and her favorite snacks as the two occasionally ate chocolate caramel truffles and watched NCIS together. Although he couldn't do much for her, he tried his best to manage her PMS symptoms by buying her the best brands of pads and tampons and most effective cramp-relieving medicine simply to keep her happy, knowing her emotional volatility and everchanging moods. 

The two often did the smallest acts to show their affection for one another, with Julia noting Josue's stinginess and lack of desire to dress up or spend money on material things by spontaneously purchasing clothes for him while at the store doing errands. She once let him sit on a tree and watch the sunset with her, taking pictures as they rested in each other's arms enjoying the light. Jorge in turn would craft handwritten love notes for Julia to read during the beginning stages of their romance, feeling even more smitten by her presence as he admired the beauty and serenity she emitted. He would offer to spend time with their children and walk them to school in their younger years, when Julia was overwhelmed after returning from a night shift with her nursing duties at the local hospital. The pair would also help one another perform household duties, such as cleaning or doing the laundry, and often took turns cooking for each other depending on the energy level of the other person. Although Julia sometimes struggled to exercise once she experienced postpartum depression upon giving birth to their second child, Josue would motivate her by offering encouraging kisses once she completed a routine. His patience was almost infinite, as he would never restrain himself from offering her a compliment or calling her the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Above all, Jorge viewed intimacy and lovemaking as the ultimate form of expressing his affection and devotion towards Julia and continued to try to empower her throughout their lives together and ensure she felt accepted as she was, considering her to be his life partner and best friend. ESFJ 2w1