Remington Washburn-Cummings

Remington "Remy" Washburn-Cummings- African American ancestry; Remy is a shy, but smart student at Mia Vasquez-Rivera school who develops a friendship with her once the two are introduced by Hannah Quigley. He is considered the wealthiest kid on campus and lives in a mansion located in a privileged area of town, during which he spends much of his time with Ansel, his butler and chauffeur. He generally comes across as awkward, caring, nerdy, sweet and supportive at the same time and can always be counted on to help him friends with a plan. Like many of his male classmates, he has a passion for reading comic books, playing video games and watching science fiction movies. Remy is quite intelligent beyond his years, as he knows how to do taxes and take care of babies upon having learned to do so from a women's magazine in a waiting room, in addition to being aware of table manners. He is socially inept, but ultimately a very friendly and kind person who is patient and enjoys the company of all the kids in his neighborhood, since he gets lonely with being an only child. Despite his age, he is a huge fan of Barney the Dinosaur and knows all of Barney's songs by heart, causing him to own many stuffed animals that keep him company. He often panics and overreacts, and when he does, he tends to hyperventilate into a paper bag that he carries with him at all times. Remy grew up with a rich father who played football professionally and a mother who worked as a college professor, leading to his being mostly raised by his butler as his parents worked long hours. He was talented in various areas and began practicing the violin when he was 6 years old, causing him to receive third chair in a recital. His closest relationship for much of his life was the one he shared with his butler, who served as a substitute father for him and doubled as his best friend. He's also a cat lover and owns two cats that he loves very much, even though his oldest cat Thumper always misbehaves.

Prior to befriending his best friend Scott Tucker, Remy was pretty shy at first, but after befriending him, he became more extroverted, as spending time around him encouraged him to break out of his shell and hang out with other kids. He had trouble speaking up to his parents, but when it is revealed that he is to go to boarding school, and because of Scott's assertiveness and his own fear of losing his best friend, he started to speak up. Being raised in a wealthy household, he is often perceived as someone who does not understand normal things like camping or fishing. He is nevertheless an expert at gaming and recognized for his high knowledge of computers and laptops, helping his classmates defeat three online gamers known as the Cyber Knights. Remy is also responsible and tends to be prudent in his decision making, which makes him one of the few teens in town suited for looking after a pet snake that he has affectionately called "Snakey". He is a very much an individual person with limited experience in teamwork in contrast to his cousins, who cooperate as roommates. He is quiet and relaxed most of the time, although he sometimes tends to get upset, particularly when he is annoyed or if something goes wrong. He is a good-hearted and well-meaning boy however who is always looking for fun, and thinking about the well-being of others. Hannah Quigley first took notice of Remy when he pressed the buzzer during the cafe's trivia night and correctly answered a question asking for the capital of New Mexico. She had noticed that her best friend Mia had been struggling with loneliness and had yet to find a date for the annual Valentine's dance, which made her eager to recruit Remy to go along with her. She considers him a decent kid upon having a casual conversation with him and gets the impression that he would be a good match for Mia due to their similar temperaments. 

She later informs her friend that she has set her up on a blind date, but stretches the truth and doesn't entirely inform her who she will be seeing. The Quigley family arrives at the Community Center for the Valentine's Day Dance being held there, we to Hannah being accompanied by Mia and their good friend Tyna Smith. While she and Tyna proudly announce their intent to celebrate in their own way, Mia voices her disapproval of the holiday and the festivities. As they enter, Hannah becomes distracted by a statue of Cupid and takes it upon herself to fulfill her "mission" to make people fall in love by taking the statue's bow and quiver, with suction cup arrows. Mia encounters Tyna in the meantime and and convinces her that falling in love is not something that is for them and that they should just be single girls forever, with her friend happily agreeing with her. As Mia and the others dance, they are approached by a boy whom they try to send off, only for the boy too tell her that his friend asked him to ask her if she wanted to dance with him. The boy turns out to be Remy, whom the equally shy Mia doesn't feel a spark for, although she cannot bring herself to break his heart and flees, shocked at experiencing love for the first time. She runs into Hannah, who is waiting for her boyfriend Eli Fonseca to arrive, and tells her about the experience she has been having, only for her best friend to encourage her to give him a chance and look past his appearance. Feeling that she is incapable of handling young people, Hannah's brother Liam insists that he also be put in charge of chaperone, which the community director allows because she does not care. Remy later mentions that he has asthma, which requires him and his bodyguard to carry an inhaler with them everywhere. According to his parents, he can't consume meals with too much sugar or orange juice with pulp and is allergic to certain kinds of nuts, but not peanuts, although his father worries he will develop a peanut allergy. 

He also recalls that he is sensitive to gluten and possibly acrophobic, and can show severe signs of altitude sickness because of it, although his dream is to grow up strong and muscular. Despite his rambling, Mia listens to him politely and later manages to find common ground with him when they bond over their mutual love of ranch dressing. Remy and Mia ultimately decide that they work better as friends, but decide to go out on one more outing to the comic book store, during which they bond over comic about a super heroine named Moon Girl. She also meets Remy's parents in the meantime, and they agree that Mia seemed like a nice girl, claiming that anyone who is good enough for their son is good enough for them. The two proceed to go the local cafe and order some crepes, which Remy finds too spongey for his taste, along with Bailey supervising the interaction between the two from afar. He realizes that Mia is a genuinely kind person and appreciates her keeping him company, admitting that he is glad the two of them were friends and giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. A fatal flaw of Remy's is that he is easily swayed by bad influences, such as Zillon Brax, who molded him into a self-absorbing and obnoxious kid who rejected anything that wasn't "lit", hence his "Negate the Hate" promotion. Because of this, he ironically started snubbing over his parents, preferring to do whatever his favorite influencer wanted to do and nothing else. He progressively becomes more confident in who he is however and is more willing to engage in activities with other students, including Scott Tucker and the rest of the boys. Despite their opposing personalities, with Scott's being a country boy from Louisville who spent many of his summers at a horse farm in Kentucky, the two balance each other out, which encourages him to branch out and take more risks. 

Remy is fond of seafood and can never resists eating sashimi, although he also loves McRibs and secretly enjoys dipping his chicken nuggets in ranch dressing. He is a fan of many different music genres and enjoys listening to anything he is in the mood for, although his favorite singer is Aretha Franklin. He likes to engage in cultural pursuits in his spare time and can often be found visiting museums, in addition to having an interest in military history and dream of one day flying a helicopter. He also picks up martial arts as he ages and generally uses it as a means of self-defense, as seen when he tries to evade a group of hyenas at the zoo. Remy is a rotund boy of African American descent who has brown skin, honey brown eyes, and coily black hair, and he stands at around 5 ft 7 in tall. He wears glasses and is usually seen with a light violet sweater over a red sleeveless shirt, khaki shorts, and black and blue shoes with white socks. He is considered a bit of a late bloomer, but becomes modestly attractive as he matures and receives corrective eye surgery by the time he reaches his early 20s. He has been called Reymold, Reminald and Remily on different occasions and predicts that he will die on November 12th, 2094 at 5:22 pm. Remy remains good friends over the years with Mia, and the two occasionally meet up to study at the library or discuss their favorite movies and shows together. He later reaches 100 weeks of living in Valley Stream and is very successful and wealthy as an adult, becoming the CEO of a popular dancing app in San Francisco. He marries a woman of Mexican and Japanese descent named Kiki Tanaka and welcomes a pair of twin daughters. Ansel is shown to be happily retired by then, although he continues to keep in touch with him during his escapades in South America. ISFJ 9w1