Chapter 23

"here, you should eat" Lisa said as she handed Jennie the paperbag. She had to go out just to buy her food in the nearest convenience store.

"thanks" the short girl replied and peeked inside the paperbag. She then pulled out the food inside and immediately chuckled when she realized what Lisa had bought her.

"mandu? why?" she asked and the tall girl just shrugged as she flopped herself on the couch.

"I didn't know what to get then I saw those dumplings and it immediately reminded me of you so I took it." she casually says which made Jennie's heart melt. She chose not to reply because she was trying to hide her smiles while she quietly ate.

"anyways, what did the doctor say?" Lisa asked, watching Jennie as she eats her dumplings.

"the doctor said that I could be discharged tomorrow morning. I was just so fatigued today, I was so stressed that I forgot to eat lunch." she replied and that made Lisa shake her head out of disappointment.

She literally had to run back to Jennie's apartment because Ryujin was panicking about Jennie suddenly losing her consciousness in the kitchen. They didn't waste and time and immediately took Jennie to the hospital which leads them at this point.

"you should have been honest with me earlier. I had a hunch that you weren't feeling well right after you ran around that palyground. Next time don't stress yourself and never ever starve yourself okay?" Lisa says in a stern voice.

"you sound really concerned, I thought you didn't care?" Jennie asked. the short girl was surprised to see the change towards the woman infront of her, she suddenly showed her concern towards her which she didn't expect at all.

"it's because I am and I do care, so take care of yourself next time." Lisa shot back with a rather scary voice but she didn't mean to be that harsh.

That left Jennie speechless, instead she just nodded and stayed quiet as the night passed.

////////////////////////////////////

Lisa's POV

I came back to Jennie's room after answering a call from Taehyung. He mentioned something about me and Bam not being in good terms. He sounded really disappointed talking to me and I can't blame him, he treated us like his younger siblings ofcourse he wanted us to treat each other nicely.

I silently closed the door and looked at Jennie who was sleeping peacefully on the hospital bed. I don't usually stay at hospitals for a long time but here I am spending the night with the most annoying woman I've ever met.

I stood beside her bed and observed her face. She doesn't look pale anymore unlike earlier and that made me feel relief. Atleast she's recovering well, that's what matters most.

I gently touched her face, it was soft and flawless. I bit my inner cheek as I remembered how I felt when I arrived at their apartment seeing her unconscious on the floor with Ryujin hopelessly trying to wake her up.

I've seen lots of those scenes but hers hit different. I suddenly felt the feeling of great fear when my eyes landed on her unconscious body. Unlike for the souls I've encountered, I didn't know what to do. I was trying so hard not to panic, I was trying so hard not to be too affected but to be honest, I never felt my heart pump so rapidly before.

"why do you have to be so annoying huh?" I asked her like she would actually answer even though she won't hear me.

"you always manage to squeeze yourself into my life whenever and wherever I go...."

"But the thing is....I'm really confused, Jennie. I'm confused because even though you keep on squeezing yourself in, I don't even complain."

"How in the world did you made me feel so attached to you when I only see you as a crazy annoying dumpling? It isn't fair because all my life I've been avoiding to be attached to someone but yet here you are just breathing and I'm already so worried about you"

"you amaze me though. Even if you're incredibly annoying, I still am amazed on how you can handle things so positively and calmly. You won't hear this from me again okay?? it's just today, you probably won't even know that I said all these things." I said and I can't help but smile.

I was about to go to the couch to lay down but I noticed something on Jen's arm. It was bruises trailing up her arm, what the hell? did she bump into something?

"you really got to take care of yourself, dumpling." I blurted out and shook my head. She's too busy taking care of others, she's starting to forget about herself.

////////////////////////////////////

Jennie's POV

"Jen!!! oh my gosh what happened? Ryuin called us and she said that you were sent to the hospital yesterday." Rosé barges in the room while I Lisa was starting to pack up Jennie's stuff.

"oh, it's really nothing...just a bit fatigued that's all. I'm good now and I can attend classes later." I told her and she raised a brow at me.

"you will definitely not attend classes today, Jen. use the rest if the day to rest" she says. I sighed, Lisa also told me to stay at the apartment. I know they only want me to be healthy and safe but I swear I'm feeling normal, I don't feel anything at all so why stop me from going to class?

"I keep on telling her but she just won't listen" lisa adds which made me frown even more. I hate it whenever I stay at the apartment it's too boring.

"hays, you already managed to make me sit on this wheelchair while watching you fix my stuff. Why would I let you stop me from going to classes?" I shot back at Lisa but she just shrugged and held the bag with my stuff, it wasn't much but she really insisted on fixing them.

"Jen, she's just concerned okay? if you go to classes today, I might need to tell this to auntie and if I know you really well, she doesn't know that you're here, does she?" Rosé says and that made me shut up. Mom can't know that I've been rushd tot he hospital or else they'll come here and overreact about things.

"okay fine, I'll use the rest of the day to rest. Happy now?" I told them and Rosé agreed while Lisa gave a thumbs up.

"Jisoo is waiting outside, she brought her car with her. Oh, Lisa I'll just be the one to take those bags." Rosé says and took the bags from Lisa then walked out of the room.

I looked at Lisa and she was looking at me too. I crossed my arms and frowned, I'm still salty about earlier....

I heard her sigh then she walked behind me and started pushing the wheelchair out of the room.

She was just quiet as we were both going through the hallway. I started fidgeting my fingers thinking of a topic to bring up.

"uhm, Lisa..."

"I thought you were grumpy at me?" she says cutting me off. I just realized that I should be grumpy at her but I couldn't help but to say something.

she started chuckling and shaking her head.

"see? you can't resist talking to me, you most likely have a crush on me huh?" she teased. I rolled my eyes and looked at her with disbelief.

"oh you wish" I shot back and she just chuckled.

"what was it that you were gonna tell me?" she then asked as she stopped chuckling.

I looked down and hesitated whether to ask her or not. I mean, I wouldn't know if I didn't ask right?

"will you stay with me no matter how anmoying I get?" I asked with all my might. she then went silent for awhile...

"depends...if you're still that annoying dumpling I know, then why not?" She answers which made me confused.

"you prefer the annoying me?" I asked.

"I prefer your normal self." she says which made me smile. That's a sweet thing to say.

We reached the parking area where Jisoo and Rosé were waiting for us.

"Jen! are you okay now? we were worried sick" Jisoo says and I just nodded and assured everyone that I'm feeling fine. I literally just got a little dizzy that's all, nothing serious.