The vow (prologue)

It's Midnight. The stars are shining and the shattered moon lit up the night sky.
On a cliff sat a figure in glowing metal armor. He is Earth's savior. Earth's wrath. The Survivor. Gazing out over the landscape, the ARKs, and the settlement. He sits there all alone in complete silence before the sound of footsteps close in from behind. The person stays in some shadows behind him. 

"So this is it then... you're leaving."

Locke looks up and stares forward.

"Yes. In a few days."

The figure behind him takes a few steps forwards, revealing themselves. It's Johnson, Crusader Johnson to be exact. A survivor whom has been of Locke's best men ever since the ARKs' return to Earth's surface.

Crusader Johnson clears his throat and takes his time before opening his mouth to talk again.
"What's in it for us then? The Earth... The other survivors... Your own family?", he asks.

Locke looks down again, gazing down at the settlement. The very settlement he had raised and commanded the construction of.

"I don't know crusader... For once I'm not getting answers to my questions..." Locke answers.

Johnson hm's in confusion, not really understanding what Locke is talking about.

"You see, I have no idea why I'm being sent to this 'Genesis simulation', nor where it may be located at.".

There's silence between the two of them. Locke turns his head slightly, and Johnson immediately reacts as if a drill sergeant had just shouted at him. Johnson walks over to Locke and sits down besides him. They both gaze out over the horizon now.

"I don't know how long I'll be gone, or if I'll ever return."

Locke looks up longingly. Crusader Johnson puts his hand on Locke's shoulder pad, and looks at him with a friendly and comforting look. Locke can tell even though the crusader is wearing his helmet. Locke pushes a button on the side of his tek helmet, and the stomach section of his Tek suit opens up. Smoke pours out, and a little rhombus-shaped object is revealed hovering inside. It is similar to the one located in his chest. He grabs it and holds it with two fingers before Johnson.

"This gadget is an Element core. A part of me lies within it." Locke explains. 

He puts the little thing in Johnson's hand, and the Element core rises from his palm, hovering above it, and makes beeping noises as it activates.

"It will show you the way, my presence emits from this little thing. Show it to your foes, any foe, and they will fear you.".

Locke gets up and Johnson follows having the element core hover after him.

Locke then turns around and says, "I have a task for you, crusader.".

Johnson puts his arms behind his back, ready to hear what Locke has in store for him this time.

"I need you to protect my family at all costs. I fear that a threat could rise any time soon, and I need you to fend for them. Can you do that for me?".

It's quite a different task from any other task Johnson has received, but Johnson accepts his new mission.

"Yes, of course Sir!", Johnson answers.

Locke nods,

"I'll be leaving sooner than you think, and there won't be much time for goodbyes".

He reaches out his hand. Johnson looks down at it, before eventually taking it. They shake hands and Locke gives Johnson a look of trust. Locke then walks further away, as a blue orb starts to engulf him, and suddenly, *poof* he's gone. Most likely off to complete some remaining tasks before his time comes. After all, there's not much time left before he is sent to the Genesis simulation. Johnson stands there, all alone now, with the element core hovering by his side.

Days have passed. Johnson hasn't seen Locke ever since their last talk on that cliff. All Johnson can think of is the pure fear he could see in Locke's eyes, and the worry he could hear in Locke's voice. Days later at midnight, a bright blue light shined over the settlement and then suddenly blasted off into the sky. That was the Last night the survivors of the settlement saw Locke...

Johnson's task to defend the earth while its true savior is gone begins now, this is After ARKs.