A mysterious signal

Crusader Johnson wakes up one morning to an urgent call from the settlement's command center. Knowing this could very well be an emergency, Johnson paced through the settlement. Wasting no time at all, he bashed through the command center's door to find multiple guards and workers all standing around one single monitor. They make a bit of space for him and Johnson squeezes in between them. He now sees what they are all gazing at.

The screen shows a sphere. A planet. Our planet. It shows the earth. Johnson inspects the screen displaying planet earth. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary until he noticed a little red dot circling the sphere.

"What's this?? What is the meaning of this?"

One of the survivors looks up at Johnson and replies calmly;

"Sir. Something is circling the planet, above the atmosphere."

Another survivor speaks up;

"I don't understand... Why would we be getting an energy signal from space? What in the world could be up there?! Earth is completely desolate of space-traveling vehicles and machines, so it can't be some sort of human-operated vehicle... Right...?*"

The first survivor speaks again.

"We don't know what the hell is up there, but we may be dealing with extraterrestrials, or something else..."

"Are you sure this isn't just some space debris or a space rock?" Asks Johnson.

"No sir, only a vehicle can move the way we see the red dot on the screen moving.

Something or someone is up there. And we have no idea what their intentions are..."

The survivors discuss what this weird anomaly could be, and whilst so, Johnson feels a little knot form in his stomach. It hurts. Worry, stress, he can feel it falling upon him.

"Wait- WHERE DID IT GO!?!", one of the workers sitting by the monitor yells.

Johnson and the guards turn around to see the workers freaking out over the display on the screen. The red dot is gone! Off of the radars.

Stress fills the survivors in the room. The realization hits one of the workers, and they turn around to the other people in the room.

"Whatever is up there is not orbiting the planet anymore..."

There's silence in the command shelter. The survivors exchange looks of horror. Before suddenly, a huge bang is heard outside coming from the sky. The survivors lose balance and some almost trip and fall. "GET DOWN ON THE GROUND!!!" yells one of the guards as the earth below them start to shake furiously. All the survivors throw themselves to the ground, and as soon as the ground stops to shake, Johnson and a few guards run outside.

They look to the sky where they can see a huge ring of smoke and a dark, grayish blue trail going straight through it. Something sort of vehicle just entered the atmosphere, and they have no idea what it could be, or if there's life on board or not.

Johnson yells to the guards. "Get to your birds now, And follow that smoke trail!! We're going to find out what that thing is.

"HEY!!"

Johnson hears Maya calling out to him from a distance and turns around to see her running up to them.

"Let me come with you!"

"Maya, this could be very dangerous, we don't know what's out there waiting for us, and I don't want you getting harmed."

"Pleaseeee! I'm trained for this, I know how to defend myself!"

Johnson hesitates for a bit before accepting Maya's plead, letting her come with him on his Tropeognathus.

Johnson, Maya, and the highly trained guards rush to the Tropeognathuses, and with jet motors roaring, they all take chase after the smoke trail left from behind from the mysterious entity that just entered earth's atmosphere.