The return of the Gallant gentleman

A long weekend passes since the day they brought the mysterious agent back to the great settlement. The federation unit spends his days getting used to the conditions on planet earth. Agent 47 is clearly not from around here, but he isn't alien either. It's as if he hasn't been on earth for thousands of years. In the meantime, Johnson assigned Maya a special test for her training. All Johnson told Maya was to meet him in the nearby forest outside the settlement walls. He didn't say anything else about her task.

Now Maya is walking through that forest, all alone, ready at all times for anything.

"Johnson?!" Maya yells.

She's confused as she has no idea what the test is all about or what she could expect, but she has a slight feeling it'll be a pressure test. Johnson could throw himself at her any time soon, from either a bush or a tree.

"Johnson...? Where- Oi sHi-"

*Boof*

Maya trips on something and falls face-first into the ground, she looks back to see she had tripped on a log lying in the middle of the path. She holds herself up a bit with her elbow then puts a hand on her forehead.
She groans in annoyance and wipes away some sweat from her forehead when something quite unexpected happens. A purple glowing hand reaches out to her from above her.

Maya looks up to see the purple glowing hand.

"Let me help you, young lady."

She hears the distorted voice of a well-grown-up man.

"Wha-"

She takes her time, and hesitates for a moment but eventually takes the man's hand. She gets helped back up on her feet again.

"Are you alright little one? That was quite the fall.."

"Ah yeah- hehe I'm alright, thank you misterrrr..."

She looks up at the man, meeting his eyes. Black, with small white-pink pupils. He seems to be an older gentleman, his hair is gray and in a style from the Victorian era. He has a gray beard and a mustache too, though all of it had a purple-pink tone to it. His entire body is glowing in a pinkish hue. She is also kind of horrified at the old man's size, standing almost 3 meters tall.

"So what are you doing out here in this forest alone, girl?"

"I have my reasons... Why are YOU out here...-"

The huge bulky figure raises an eyebrow at her, but doesn't say a word about her refusing to give him a proper answer to his question.

"Well... I'm enjoying this world in its current shape and form. The forests, mountains, the waters. I'm taking it all in while there's still time. It's not long until things will change... Forever."

Maya just stands there giving the man a confused look.

He looks forwards and turns around, going on and on about the beauty of planet earth. Maya questions herself if she has just stumbled upon some weird lunatic. As the man continues talking, Maya realizes why the being gives her such a weird and bad feeling... She realizes that she has seen that face before... Not exactly the same face, but a very, very similar one. She pulls out her notebook from her pocket and starts to look through it. She finds a little piece of paper, one that has some good age to it, being maybe hundreds of years old.

It's a small picture her father, Locke had given her. The Picture shows one of the survivors Locke had been following the footsteps of up on the ARKs. The elderly man shown in the picture is Sir Edmund Rockwell, explorer extraordinaire, and stupendous scholar of London in the early 20th' century. Locke told her stories of Sir Edmund Rockwell, how he had once been a great gentleman and politics figure on the island, but slowly became twisted when he learned of the power of Element. Upon the last ARK Locke was on, Rockwell had injected himself with two full doses of element, turning into a corrupted and colossal beast that slaughtered the survivors on that ARK. Locke had arrived there probably hundreds of years later, to finish off the beast sir Edmund Rockwell had become once and for all.