A vision of another place

1 Day until the siege on the Bracken institution

Tomorrow is the big day. Maya walks down the streets of the settlement, looking through the old notebook her father gave her. Lots of stories reside on the pages of this journal, telling of Locke's adventures on the ARKs, and things he found notable from the left behind journals he found while staying on the ARKs, written by the people that were on the ARKs before him.

Maya reads about heroes, legendary survivors, and fighters like none other. Their footsteps followed by none other than Locke Terranova himself.

Helena walker, twenty-first-century Australian biologist, and paleontologist, who was resourceful enough to find a way to ascend off of the ARKs and ascend to homo Deus, the next stage in human evolution. She was the one to guide Locke throughout his adventures on the ARKs, sharing shards of thoughts with him.

Mei-Yin Li, a warrior from ancient china who met Helena on the ARK, and helped her reach the earth. Mei-Yin was there to witness Helena ascend to the next step in human evolution.

Diana Altaras, a United republic of Earth lieutenant from the twenty-fourth century, who Helena also met on the ARKs. After arriving on earth, resurrected after her death on the broken ARK, and by Mei-Yin Li's side, she traveled into the sunset towards a mysterious place called "Arat Prime", some time before Locke arrived on the ruined planet earth.

Sir Edmund Rockwell, a scientist from the 19 hundreds. Self-absorbed, thinking he is better and more intelligent than everyone else. He ended up eventually injecting himself with full doses of liquid element, which turned into a giant monster, tentacles sprouting everywhere, and he slew countless survivors on the ARK he was on. Now he has returned, with a grand plan no survivor has yet to fully understand...

Maya starts getting really into reading the journal when she walks straight into something soft. Someone's chest. A large muscular woman stands before her. Maya takes a step back and looks up at the large woman, smiling down back at her. It's Beatrix, a survivor who got to know Locke very well before he disappeared.

"HEYYY ISN'T IT MAYA WE GOT HERE!?" She screams cheerfully.
She attracts the attention of a few men and women standing around.

Maya puts her dad's note book back into her pocket and laughs nervously.

"Hehe, ye-"

She doesn't get enough time to speak before Beatrix grabs her and gives her a giant bear hug.

"Awww it is so, so good to see you again Maya, it's really been a while!"

Maya can only muffle back at her as her face is pressed up against Beatrix's chest.

"Oh, right," Beatrix lets Maya down.

"Thanks," Maya says as she giggles.

"So tell me, girl, what have you been up to, hmm? Fighting bad guys with the crusader? Or is he only giving you bible lessons?!"

"Surprisingly, no bible lessons so far!"

They both giggle dumbly and start walking down the streets together.

"So how's life? Doing well even though your father is in an entirely different place, in another world?"

"Nyeeh, It's alright," Maya says, knowing she's lying to both herself and Beatrix.
"I'm just kinda worried, like, so much has been happening lately, with that agent arriving on earth, Rockwell turning up unexpectedly, and now this whole colony ship thing?? People around here seem pretty... Down to earth about everything y'know?" Maya says looking up at the tall woman.