A few moments earlier...

"Signing in to unit zero-two-four as 'Agent47'. Start voice recorder."

Voice recorder started. 00:01... 00:02...00:03...

"This is Agent 47 speaking, onboard the Orbital Striker jet #024. I have arrived at my destination, and I am now orbiting planet earth. Planetary scanners are launching. I will update as soon as the scan is complete, and I have the results."

2 hours later...

Planetary scan completed. Displaying results to pilot now.

"There we go... results!... *clears throat* ahem yes."

"The status of the earth is as we expected. Most of the corrupted element has been cleansed, though there seems to be a big sector of a continent to the east still containing element corruption. Not good, as this could start spreading rapidly across the planet if not dealt with soon. One good thing is that settlements, shelters, and homes are almost everywhere. Survivors, Humans are starting to inhabit earth once again."

"I'm going to take one spin around the planet before heading back to the colony ship"

"Turning the Jet now, checking out the east side of the globe. There it is. The continent. A massive storm is covering a big chunk of it. This is.. concerning. There's enough element in that little pocket to corrupt the entire planet once more. This has to be dealt with soon, or else the earth will be lost again and there will be nothing that can save the planet. Preparing to- what the-" *sounds of metals colliding*

"AARRGHh-"

systems failing. Orbital striker jet has been sent off course. Entering Earth's atmosphere at dangerous high speeds.

"FUCK, FUCK, FUCK- *static noises* MAYDAY MAYDAY, I'M GOING DOWN."

All systems have failed. Brace yourself for impact, Agent 47.