Visions

"HiYA!!"

The two men's blades collide again and again, and Johnson swings his new weapon as hard as he can at Agent 47.

"You are quick and talented with a sword, I'll give you that, Crusader!"

They both laugh and chuckle as they continue dueling.

"Hoi what's up?" Maya greets them as she approaches, having heard the battling and dueling going on out on the training grounds.

"Oh hello there Miss Maya! You've come at the right time to see me beat the living spaghetti out of Agent 47 here!!"

"Oh HAHA, try me!!", 47 Taunts.

"How's the new sword, Johnson?"

"This TEK blade is superb! Though I have a strong feeling I am not worthy of wielding this weapon. Perhaps your father would like to get it back-" He replies, almost getting caught off guard as 47 swipes his own sword at the Crusader again.

"Pfft, no, don't worry about it Johnson, If dad would ever want a sword again, he would just make a new one, plus, he did say there was a reason he never went to retrieve the old one himself! He just thought of it as utterly useless compared to the fancy weaponry that his tek gloves were equipped with!."

Johnson is now finally caught off guard as he hears the name Locke, and Agent 47 strikes Johnson's sword so hard it flies out of his hand and gets stuck in the ground a few feet away.

"You have done well Crusader. You suit the new sword, I have to admit!"

"Thank you, friend." Johnson replies, defeated but chuckling.

"Hey, uh, Crusader. I wanted to ask you about something that has caught my eye recently."

"Shoot yer question!"

"What is that... uhh.. 'Thing' striding around the settlement."

The agent points towards something in the distance. A huge entity walking between the homes and buildings of the settlement, as if it is patrolling the streets... It is very humanoid, with digitigrade legs, wide shoulders, and a hunched neck, standing almost 7-10 meters tall.

Johnson looks over to the big being Agent 47 is pointing towards, and he just stands there, not really knowing what to say. It is a TEK mech, or rather, a Mek.

"That's just Orion!" Maya answers the agent's question eagerly.

"The Orion is Locke's RX-105 Mek, a mech Locke built not long after he arrived on the dead earth about 2 years ago! Though dad isn't the inventor of the 'meks'. He told me that it was the survivors who were here before him, that created the blueprints. Unfortunately, none of them really made it to see earth heal and become what it is now, except for one..."

Maya explains to Agent 47 what the Meks were used for and why the pioneers created them.

"So you're telling me that the first survivors who somehow broke out of the ARKs' infinite cycle, came down here to the wasteland earth was, and built fucking MECHS???" The agent asks, surprised and almost speechless.

"Yeah... Dad told me a previous Terran federation hacker by the name of 'Santiago' made the blueprints for the big robots..."

Agent 47 stares at Maya silently.

"The Santiago?? The Terran federation hacker who hacked his way into URE security systems?"

"Yeah, that has to be him."

"Of course he'd be one of the first survivors to reach earth. That man is a smart ass, I'll give him that. He has my respect... Hm. So who is operating the Orion Mek, now that Locke isn't here?"