Part III

The bus was jammed pack at the hour as students hurriedly jumped on to make their way home. Without realizing I found myself holding on to San to keep balance.

"Stop blushing, you're making this weird," I said while glaring up at him. He shifted his body so I couldn't see his face.

"Well, now it's no fun looking at the back of your head." He turned back around and looked down at me.

"You're really confusing, huh?"

"I can be even more difficult if you want."

All he did was laugh. I couldn't fully read him just yet. I was not the type of girl he would have to chase, so why was he trying so hard? I was already his if he wanted. Once he realizes what it'd be like to have me as a girlfriend, he'll run away. How far is he willing to follow after me? I wanted to know his limits. And I wanted to cross every single one of them to utterly break him. I'll make him regret ever chasing after me.

"This is our stop," San stated. He grabbed my hand and guided me off the bus. The cafe he brought me to was small and cute. Definitely a place where couples would go to take pictures together. When we sat down, he stared at me as I looked over the tiny menu.

"Can I help you with something?" I asked without looking up.

"I already know what I want."

"So, play with your phone or something."

He sighed and pulled it out. My mind still felt heavy though.

"You know San, I really don't understand why you asked me out."

"Oh, I just thought you were really cool since you were the first person to try and talk to me."

"I was just using you so people would spread rumors about us," I said nonchalantly.

"Well, I guess people will talk even more now."

"You're not bothered by me using you?"

"No, because I know you're just saying that to try and scare me."

"And why do you think you know me better than I know myself?"

"I don't know you yet. But I will."

"So that's who you are? A person who likes a challenge?"

"Maybe I just think you're pretty."

The waitress came to take our orders before I could respond. By the time we finished ordering, I had already forgotten what he said.

"Why sunflowers?" I questioned, trying to pick the conversation back up.

"Because of my name. Get it? Sanflower."

"I'm going to pretend like you didn't say that." I held in my secondhand embarrassment because I genuinely thought he was cute at the moment. He winked at me when he noticed me holding back a smile.

"You're suddenly acting confident for someone who couldn't look me in the eyes earlier."

"Well, I wasn't expecting you to be such a sex addict before. I guess the rumors really are true then."

"Don't say I didn't warn you."

"You're not expecting us to do anything like that after this, right?"

"Not if you don't want to."

He smiled at me again. Why did he do that so often? What was making him so happy?

"So, tell me about yourself," he said. I hated when people asked me to talk about myself.

"No thank you." I took out my phone and started playing a random game I had downloaded when our drinks and food finally came. I was about to take a sip when San stopped me.