Chapter XVI

Harry's POV
I stopped the car. Why I'm acting this way again? I got mad but I never told her what my true feelings.
But those are just for fun.  She just played with me. I thought she would change her feelings towards me. She made a bucket list. I'm stupid. Those things she showed to me are her experiment. The embrace, hugs,and sweet words are part of it.
She's crazy.
The snow began again. I could see snowflakes falling outside the window of my car. She wore sunny dress and she has no coat.
I saw her walking slowly under the snow. Isn't she cold?
I started the engine and followed her silently.
I reached the mansion while following her. Her dress is a little wet due to the snow. I'm sure she's shivering right now. She sat on the terrace. She looks tired.
When she saw me,she got inside and climbed up the stairs.
My grandmother saw me in the living room.
"How was your trip hijo?"
"It's fine grandma."
"Where's Finn?"
"Upstairs."

Days passed. We barely see each other in the mansion. She may be avoided my presence.
I missed her already. I stayed most of my free time at home in study room.
Today,I have to get into my room to get a coat for the gala. All businessmen will gather on that gala and talked business again.
I was thinking she wasn't in the room. But she was there. She's reading a book again.  I saw her planner. I got it secretly and checked it. I saw her bucket list.  I cried again. Sleeping with a man is also included. I cried silently.

"It's mine. What are you doing?"  She said.
"I hate you. You are the worst person I ever knew in my whole life. " I told her. My tears were falling freely on my cheeks.
"I know that."
"I thought you're heart is changed already but you are getting severe. You must avoid the path the moment we cross our road."
"I will."
I left and I continued to cry in my father's room.
" It's painful"

Present day........

"Harry,what are you doing?" My father said to me that morning. I overslept because I had a drink with my colleagues last night with Amy.
She's my girlfriend.
I never came back to the Philippines anymore. I'm very busy at work.
"Dad! Still early. I have a headache.".
" then!wake up and we have meeting at nine!"
It's 8 in the morning. I immediately got up and took a shower.
"Harry,we can't be late today. This is very important meeting for the both of us. Did Amy prepared the presentation already?"
"I'm not sure."
"What?"
"Maybe."
"That woman is a pain in my neck. Why don't you fire her? She's not efficient worker. All she did is flirting with you."
I really knew that he doesn't like her. I smiled.
"I like it when she flirt."
"If you marry her then,forget the company."
He walked away.
Amy is different than Finn. Amy is selfish. All she wanted to do is go out with her friends and boast that she has a boyfriend. Actually,I didn't court her. It just happened that I want to forget my heartaches.
"Let's go."
"Okay."
I didn't eat breakfast and I was the one who drives the car. My head is pounding too.
"You're not fine. Stop the car I'm going to drive."
"I'm fine"
"I can't understand you now. Last year you were so productive. But now,the company is getting weaker. I'm not sure what will happen to you Harry if you don't wake up. This company will be closed if you still be doing like this. Remember that."
I keep quiet. I don't have any strength to go on with my life. I feel I am a withered plant. I longed for a rain but rain is very rare. I don't have energy to move forward. I feel I was stuck on the last year.
"I hope you work hard again just like before. You are almost drinking everyday and went out with your friends. You are spending a lot of money. Do you know that 40% of our investors were backing out because the company is getting weaker."
I feel I am the reason why it happened. I always go out with my friends and Amy. But we never sleep together. She always made any advancement but I keep myself control. I didn't feel anything with her. I don't love her. She's just too arrogant with her life. I don't like it.
If she likes me she would do something extraordinary like Finn. Though we had fake relationship but I feel it's real. Every touch on our skin,our gaze,our conversations are purely true and convincing.
But in the end I got all the pain. She was just playing with me. I lost the game that's why I forgot myself and how to live was not in my mind now. I just want to enjoy life. Living is not my system. Working hard can't be found within me. I got tired easily. I feel I don't have any reasons to live my life. I feel I am worthless. Not worthy to be loved,never enough to someone and I don't have the right to live again.
"Don't be surprised today. We have new investor. Mr. Suzuki convinced this person to invest in our company."
"Why?"
"This person is really good at business so our company will be in good hands too."
"What do you mean?"
"I am planning to sell my share to this person. That means it would make her the new CEO. You'll be out from the position temporarily. This person will handle at the same he would run his own business too."
"What?? So I am out of the company?"
"Not yet. You'll be working together."
"What?"
"Mr. Suzuki likes to save this company. He said this company is good for the society and our consumers believe in us so we can't suddenly closed this."
"What?"
"You've been out in the company for so many times. And you forget your responsibility. Harry, we trust you but you almost forget it."
"I'm sorry dad."
"That sorry will also include Amy? She's your staff you shouldn't make any connections with them. "
"I'm fine. She's just my friend."
"Friend? But she flirted you many times."
"I'm irresistible handsome dad. So please understand."
"I hope you'll change now,Harry. Work hard again."
"I will. I'm sorry dad."
"What happened?"
"Nothing."
"Whatever it is I hope it gives you lesson about life. "
"Yeah."
He looked at me. His eyes were hopeful again. Not the same before that he's angry at me all the times.