Chapter 3 - The Shi Houndz

They're at an abandoned basement again. His face - hidden in the murky faint light of that serenic night. He's chewing his favourite gum like he used to. He touched his fractal-shaped earring, with his left hand to his pocket. The two groups were at the end sides of that dark basement.

Tumingin siya sa paligid. There were at least fifteen people - and counting. It may increase any minute from now. He looked at his three friends. He never really had a group that he could call as his own. These three people just went with him at their own will. He shrugged and smiled. They were called "Shi Houndz" – Shi, Japanese of four - a name which still amused him. They were one of the most feared gangster groups in the city. Their number is still a secret. But even before, Cloud's name was a symbol of fear. And when he suddenly disappeared, his gang from before scattered and hated him - as much as killing him to the extent. He smiled. Things like these give chills to his body, and it also sends thrill to his own hungry 'soul'. Para lang itong basketball, in other words, he's used to this.

Kinuha niya ang kanyang cap saka nilalaro-laro iyon. Simula noong magpakita ulit siya, he always received "invitations" from his so-called 'old friends' who wanted nothing but trouble. He twisted his neck as if preparing himself. He looked directly at the 'ring leader' – or so they call him – which he hoped was just a joke.

"What is it now?" he finally asked. His confidence and sarcasm were still unmatched even at this time.

Everybody looked at him as if dazed. Halata sa mga mukha ng mga ito ang paghanga kahit na kalaban ang turing ng mga ito sa kanya. They have known him so far, as the 'best' fighter on the streets. It's all thanks to his 'animal instincts' that he learnt about street fighting.

"You're doing it again," naiiling na saad ni Pim, isa sa tatlong kasama niya.

He smiled. "Can't help it."

"I'd appreciate it if you'd just shut up," anang isang malaking boses.

Sabay silang napalingon sa nagsalita. Ito si Brandy. The Seventeenth Street Gang leader. Bagay nga dito ang pangalan nito. Sa mukha pa lang nito, para nang lasing. Malaki ang mga mata nito na pinaresan pa ng naka-pout nitong bibig na animo'y palaging nakatawa. May kwintas ito na skull ang pendant at sa tingin niya'y nakakatawa. His smile was as always as scary. The last time that he saw Brandy, there was a big scar on his right cheek. But, right now, it's gone.

"Fine," he said.

Tumawa si Brandy saka tumingin sa kanya.

"Everybody was asking: where have you been? I'd say, malaki ang pinagbago ng mga 'tao' dito mula nang mawala ka, CLOUD?" nakangising saad ni Brandy.

Ngumiti na rin si Cloud. "Never thought you'd missed me."

"It's not about missing you," sabad agad ni Brandy na lumapit patungo kay Cloud.

Cloud smiled again. This is what he despised about Brandy. He's too short to become a gang leader. Ngayon ay nakatingala si Brandy sa kanya, ngunit hindi iyon nakabawas sa angas ng mukha nito. Ang alam niya magaling daw sa strategy itong si Brandy. Mapatunayan nga.

"So, ikaw 'yong nagpatumba kay Mayti Bull? That bastard," ani Brandy na tila may naaalala.

Kumunot ang noo ni Cloud.

"Ah, that one?" Cloud smirked. "I don't remember. When?"

Brandy wrinkled his forehead and gritted his teeth. He just didn't like this bastard in front of him!

Isinuot ni Cloud nang pabaliktad ang kanyang cap. He's ready.

"I was told... you're a... student?" kapagkuwa'y ani Brandy na nakangisi pa ring nakatingin sa kanyang bisita.