Chapter 10 - And Cloud is...

Nakita nalang ni Marianne ang sariling kasa-kasama si Trent na naglalakad sa isang park kung sa'n din siya dinala ni Geoff. She remembered that Trent jokingly said that he'll forgive her and would not mind his aching back if sasama siya dito. Naalala rin niya kung gaanong tumanggi si Finn. Now, that she thought of it, natatawa siya. Akala ba niya ay ayaw siyang makita ni Finn?

Trent was now wearing his jacket. And as she looked at him, tila may kung anong nagsasabi sa kanya na kasama niya si Geoff ngayon. They really are the same in some ways. The way they walk, the way they talk, the way they put their hands on their pockets, and everything.

Isa pa, she wanted to confirm something about that "restaurant" guy's identity. If she's not wrong, then maybe...

She looked at Trent.

"The truth is, I'm not really interested in going out with you," biglang saad ni Trent. Hindi ito nakatingin sa kanya.

Nagulat si Marianne buhat sa narinig. They were now sitting at a bench.

"Huh? T-Then, why?" tanong ni Marianne.

Trent shrugged. "I don't know. I hate hanging out with people, especially... women like you."

"H-Huh?"

Tumayo si Trent.

"You smell bad."

Umawang ang bibig ni Marianne buhat sa sinabi ni Trent. Inamoy niya ang sarili niya. Kumunot ang noo niya. Hindi naman, ah!

Ang sakit din nitong magsalita!

"A-Ano?" naguguluhang tanong ni Marianne.

"You're insecure," walang prenong saad ni Trent na hindi na nakatingin kay Marianne. Palinga-linga ito.

Natigilan si Marianne.

"You do things which you think would make people like you. But, I won't fall for it. I'm so fed up with people using me, or us. You don't have to put up that show."

Marianne cleared her throat. Hindi niya alam kung anong sasabihin. Somehow, Trent got a point. Pero...

"M-Maybe--"

"Tch, defending yourself, aren't ya? I know what's in your mind," sarkastikong saad ni Trent. He remembered how Marianne tried to save Tom a while ago. That was darn too good for a show.

Hindi nagsalita si Marianne.

"You are all alike. Mabuti pa umalis ka na sa pamamahay namin. Hindi kita gusto. You better stay away. Who knows what your motive is."

Kumunot ang noo ni Marianne. She closed her fists. Ang alam niya, wala siyang naiintindihan.

"Now, that's enough," malumanay na saad ni Marianne.

Taas ang kilay na nilingon siya ni Trent.

Marianne blinked her eyes. She forgot to bring her eyeglasses! Naiwan niya iyon sa kwarto ni Finn. Sumasakit na naman ang mga mata niya.

"Who knows?" ngiting saad naman ni Marianne. "Siguro nga may motibo ako. And?"

Trent suddenly clenched his fists and attempted to punch her in the face but he stopped mid-air. Marianne didn't even move a bit. Sinalubong pa siya nito ng titig. Natigilan siya. Anyone who saw it coming would try to avoid it, but Marianne didn't!

He saw her smiling faintly.

"You don't have the right to judge people," ani Marianne. Sa nakikita niya kay Trent, tila may galit ito sa puso nito. Like, someone must have hurt him a long time ago, and maybe seeing her would make that memory keeps on coming back.