☁From Afar: The Past☁

Spinel x Spinel!Reader

Requested by: No one

Bunny = You

⚠Tons of stuttering⚠

Spinel didn't know what to do. Everytime she saw you a feeling would bubble inside of her and she almost thought she was gonna poof. She always wanted to be friends with you again.

You turned to look at her and you became surprised. You rubbed your arm sheepishly, turning away and sighing. You really missed Spinel. But, you both grew apart after a while. She hasn't spoken to you for a very long time.

<<<<

7,000 years ago.....

"Spinel?" A voice shook the happy, bright gem out of her trance. She looked at Pink, who was calling her. "Yeah, Pinky?" She answered enthusiastically. "You were doing it again!" Pink smiled. Spinel blushed and looked over at the Blue Spinel on the other side of the room, standing next to Blue Diamond's throne.

They were currently at a ball that Yellow Diamond had thrown. But, Spinel noticed someone different at the foot of Blue Diamond. It was you. You stared tiredly at the crowd of gems, eyes flicking from them to the ground and hands behind your back.

Spinel had been staring at you for the longest time and Pink began to notice. Given that the tall, Pink being had just learned what love was after visiting earth, she realized that Spinel had affections towards you.

It made her happy that one of her subjects were indulging in the practices of earth. Well, mostly, since Spinel didn't know about 'love'. You felt the burning feeling of someone watching you and your eyes brightened as you looked up and locked eyes with Spinel.

The pink gem panicked and quickly looked away, face a darker shade than normal. You were confused. "Who is that, my Diamond?" You quietly asked, watching Spinel. "That is only Pink's Spinel. Also, you seem very dazed. Why don't you go outside on the balcony?" You nodded and thanked your Diamond.

You made your way outside and Spinel watched curiously. She felt a nudge on her back and saw Pink pushing her towards the balcony, "You may go." Pink smiled. Spinel returned it and hurried over to the balcony. You sat on the edge of the rail, staring up at the stars. So beautiful.... You suddenly felt someone's presence and turned around, face showing fear.

"Oh, it's you."  You turned back around as Spinel approached. "Yep! Hi, I'm Spinel! And you're very pretty!" The pink version of you grinned and you blushed at her compliment. "Um, thank you..." You whispered. You played with your pigtails, face a deep shade of blue and a small frown on your lips.

"Well, aren't ya' gonna give me your name?" Spinel asked, laughing lightly. You stuttered, "O-oh. I'm sorry. M-my name is Spinel too." You apologized, smiling a little. Spinel was starstruck. Your smile made her feel all warm and fuzzy inside and she loved the feeling.

"Well, that's interesting! But, it sure will get confusing. Let's give you a different name!" Spinel said excitedly. You looked at her, confused, "A....new name?" You repeated. Spinel nodded and held a finger to her chin, "How about...Y/N! Pink told me it's a very unique human name. And it suits a looker like you~"

Your eyes widened and you covered your mouth with your hand, face heating up slowly. Spinel slipped her fingers between yours and intertwined them. She used her other hand to stretch over and grab a red flower on one of the bushes in front of the door.

She brought it over and pushed some of your loose hair strands out if the way, sticking the flower in your hair gently. Your eyes sparkled and you slowly reached up, touching the flower carefully. You looked at Spinel, smiling shyly. "Thanks." You said.

"Wanna be friends?" She asked. You nodded in response

>>>>

Now.....

"C'mon, just go talk to her, ya' baby!" A yellow Spinel scolded the pink one. A white Spinel sashayed up to the two laughed, "Aw, is lil' Nelly Welly scared?" She teased. "Lemon, Star, shut your traps!" Spinel whisper-shouted at the two. She turned to you, watching from afar. You were talking to a Jasper who loomed over you.

You were a little intimidated, but blushed when she backed you into a wall and put a hand near the side of your head. She was hitting on you. This angered Spinel and the other two versions smirked and spoke to Spinel, "That Jasper is pretty cute. Bunny is lucky to have a gem like that flirting with her." White egged on.

Spinel was on edge. "Um, I-I'm very flattered, b-but, uh..." You tried to escape the situation you were in. Suddenly, a familiar voice was heard, "Excuse me, but can't you see that she's uncomfortable." Spinel had stormed over and tried to defend you.

"S-Spi-" "What do you care?" The tall Jasper retorted angrily. Spinel growled and pushed you behind her. "She's very shy, she doesn't like to be put on the spot like this." Spinel said as calmly as she could, trying not to lash out and punch this gem.

"Psh, whatever." The Jasper walked away. You released a huge breath and opened your eyes, realizing Spinel was looking at you. "I-I'm sorry for almost getting you in trouble. I've gotta go..." You mumbled trying to walk away.

Spinel reached out and gripped your arm, "N-no! It's okay! I just wanted to see you again." She explained. You were baffled by this. "O-oh! Okay..." Spinel noticed something in your hair. "Hey, is this..." "Yeah. I-I kept it and p-preserved it as much as possible." You told her as she stared in awe at the red flower.

It looked fresh! Like it hadn't been touched for years! Spinel marveled at the sight. "This is amazing!" She squealed, acting like her old self. You blushed and looked down at the ground. Spinel gave you her memorable smile and you returned it.

Lemon and Star watched from far away, high-fiving at their success at getting you two to be friends again.

(Part 2 coming soon...)