☁Long Distance Relationship☁

Swap!Spinel x Fem!Reader

Requested by: No one

(Switcheroo AU by Saiscribbles on Insta)

"You're sure you have everything. Your water, your food, your phone. Everything?" You asked your little sister Connie as she held her camping bag on her shoulders. She laughed at your concern and brushed your hand away, "I'm fine, Y/N!"

"Yes, we'll make sure she's a-okay! She'll be able to breath and everythin'!" Spinel came to you and your parents. Your heart sped up and you held her hands, "Please protect my sister." You told Spinel.

She blushed at your closeness, but smiled, "Will do, Ms. Maheswaran!" You sighed. You turned to your sister and got on your knees, hugging her tightly. "Be safe." You said. She nodded. As she let you go and walked away towards the giant, pink ship, Spinel followed and you grabbed her wrist.

You pulled her and breathed in, mustering up your courage and kissing her cheek. Her face became entirely red and her hair stood up straight, expressing her shock. You giggled, waving to her as she stood frozen in place and you made your way to the Temple.

You cleaned the dishes in the sink, washing them and making the spotless. You had promised to watch the Temple and keep it clean while the Gems and Steven were on Homeworld. Suddenly, someone burst through the already broken window screen.

It had been a few days since the Gems left. It was pretty quiet and you just wandered around the Temple, discovering things. But, back to the story. Onion had busted through the screen of the window and you groaned, "Onion, sweetie. That's not a door." You lectured.

He stared at you, spitting out a mouse. You cringed, fear coursing through you, "Anyway....what brings you here?" You asked the four year old boy. He started mumbling his language, pointing outside.

You looked out the window, seeing many people gathering around and setting up equipment on a stage. "Oh, right. The concert is tonight. I hope they make it back before it's over." You mumbled. Onion grabbed your arm, pulling you outside.

"Hey, what're you doing, Onion?" You questioned, furrowing your eyebrows. He brought you all the way to the beach, dragging you to a spot in front of, "Oh, hello, Vidalia!" You smiled, waving.

The middle aged woman grinned, waving back, "What's up, Y/N?" She asked. You shrugged, pointing to Onion, "Ask your son." She looked at him, laughing, "You just couldn't wait, could you?" She asked him.

He shrugged, a small smile on his face. Vidalia turned to her car, digging through a small box. She then pulled out a f/c dress with pretty green flowers designs that went to your knees, "Me and Amethyst made this a long time ago when I was younger."

"We wanted to try new things and I decided on sewing. This is the only thing I made that was pretty good." You were so confused. "Why are you giving it to me?" You asked. Vidalia chuckled and hugged you.

"Do you not realize how much you and your sister help this town? And the Gems! If it weren't for you guys, we would've been destroyed by all those weird, evil, alien, dictators that Amethyst talk about. The Diamonds?"

You nodded, hugging her back and pulling away, "Well, I'm glad that me and my friends are of great service." Vidalia smirked and put her hands on her hips, "Friends? Are you sure about that? Because you seem pretty close with that pink girl."

You blushed, rubbing your arm, "Who? S-Spinel? No, no, she's just m-my friend. I mean sure, she has a beautiful smile, beautiful hair, beautiful laugh, and-" you stopped, seeing Vidalia with an even bigger smirk.

You sighed, face still red, "I like her, don't I?" You mumbled. Vidalia snickered, nodding slowly and patting your shoulder. You gently held the dress in your hand, "I'll wear this to the concert tonight. Thank you!" You called behind you as you ran back to the Temple.

You smiled. But, you slowed to a walk as you thought about earlier, making your cheeks flush again. Did you really like Spinel? You thought about her everyday and how much you admired her.

Her strength, her independence, her grace, her everything. You loved every second you and spent with her when she trained you with a sword. You noticed the sky began to darken and you stopped, hurrying to get back to the Temple and change.

As Sadie began to sing her song, you noticed Greg waving to you, "Hello, Mr. Universe." You greeted as you walked over to him. He had a worried look on his face, "Do you think they'll be back soon? This stress is making my hair turn grey before I even hit my 50s." You laughed.

"I'm sure they'll be back." You smiled. "I hope..." you finished under your breath, making your way away from the concert stage and in a quiet, secluded area to practice. You took out your sword, turning and swinging at you imaginary opponent. You heard footsteps behind you, but ignored it, focusing on your 'fight'.

You suddenly felt hands on your hips and a familiar voice, " You're doin' good, but you need to fix you stance." You blushed turning to see Spinel with a huge grin. You then snapped out of your trance and laughed, hugging her.

"Is Connie okay?" You asked worriedly. The pink gem nodded, "I'm so glad you're alright too." You sighed, wrapping your arms around her neck and continuing to hug her tightly. "Y'know, when we were on the ship, I was thinking about that kiss from before." Spinel said shyly, face a dark pink.

You also blushed. Then, all of a sudden, she kissed you. On the lips. Your eyes slowly closed and you kissed her back, longing for this kind of affection from for years. Someone cleared their throat and you both parted, looking at the Gems, Steven, Connie, and your parents.

"Hey, guys.....?" Spinel said nervously. Connie and Steven were holding hands, giggling like little girls. Amethyst laughed and Garnet had a large grin on her lips.

Your parents, however, had frowns on their faces. "Mom, Dad? What's wrong?" Then, all of a sudden, they both smiled, tears in their eyes. " We're just so sad to see are babygirl growing up and leaving." You're Dad cried. You hugged him, "Dad, I'm 27. And we're not even married."

"Not yet!" Garnet smirked, struggling to hold in her joy. "What you're father was trying to say was we're happy that you found someone you truly love and care for to be in your life." Priyanka sighed, smiling kindly at Spinel.

She hugged you too and you returned the gesture. When you moved apart, Garnet put a hand
on your mom's shoulder, "Okay, everyone. Let's give these two some privacy." Everyone left and Spinel held your hand.

You both sat on the beach, leaning against each other and watching the night sky until you both fell asleep.