iv. Sora in Shiratorizawa

[This was set when Sora was in junior high in Shiratorizawa.]

[With the previous chapters, it might be confusing but I'll be writing Semi in soon so, here we are. This was the first chapter of the side book in Quotev. I decided to just throw it here.]

_______________________________

"So, what are you guys doing for the school festival?" Tendou asked, sipping on his juice box. They had two weeks left before the school festival. The volleyball club planned to do something together but they've been busying with practicing. Usually, student-athletes play small roles or give small contributions whenever there's a class event. The last time he was in a play, he was dressed up as the fire in the fireplace. "I'm going to gather people for our play," he nonchalantly said, glancing at Ushijima.

"They told me to stand behind a door and greet people," Ushijima replied in his usual monotone voice.

Tendou chuckled while the other two sweatdropped. They all knew Ushijima's class had a haunted house theme this year. Having Ushijima greet you in a dark small space will surely scare you out of your wits.

"Ah," Semi pointed at himself, "I'm a mob character." Tendou and Semi were in the same class. It took a few days for Semi to accept that he'll be spending more time with Tendou, seeing him both in and out of the club. His anger management issues now improved as he gets to practice his calming routine almost every day.

The three third years looked at the youngest. The pink-haired boy avoided their stare, red blush covering his cheeks. He cleared his throat and said, "I'll be serving. Our class is doing a cafe."

"Oh?" Tendou looked amused, an annoying smirk growing on his face. "What kind of cafe?"

Sora winced and coughed, in a weak voice he replied, "cosplay..."

"What? Cosplay?" Semi's eyebrows raised, curiosity coating his voice. "Do you know what kind of character will you be cosplaying?"

"N-no," the second year stammered, silently begging his senpai to change the subject. A short glance at Tendou's direction and he knew the read head heard him right. 'Ah, damn- this is going to be embarrassing,' Sora sobbed internally while maintaining a weak smile on the outside.

Ushijima stood up as the bell rang. Semi soon followed, grumbling about Math.

Tendou stood up and threw his juice box in the trash. Sora gulped, waiting for his upperclassman to say something. He slowly watched as the middle blocker walk towards the door. A step away from the exit, Tendou slowly turned his head towards the pink-haired wing spiker. Sora squeaked at Tendou's face, 'I'm fucked'.

"Save me a spot," Tendou requested, grinning maniacally.

_______________________________

Ushijima wandered around the first year hallway. He ignored the murmurs around him. It's not an everyday event that you see the volleyball captain in the underclassman's hallway, even more, when he's wearing a No-Face costume from the movie Spirited Away.

- Class 1-5 -

"Eh?! Ushijima-senpai!" A random student shouted, getting the people inside the classroom's attention. Ushijima poked his head in, scanning the place. 'Where is he?'

"Are you searching for Sora-kun, senpai?" A girl with round glasses asked, the sides of her lips twitching. Oh, she was going to get a lot of references today!