Prologue

A pair of dull green eyes stared into ShadowClan territory. The young she-cat's eyes were slitted. Her black pelt was shadowy and blended into the dark pine forest. The air was bathed in thick fog. The solo dog tooth on her collar shimmered in the half-moon light.

A dark brown tabby tomcat with glowing amber eyes came out of the bushes, "Charcoal." He greeted her. Charcoal's right ear flicked, "Hello, Tigerstar." She replied, her voice slightly louder than a whisper. She didn't dare to get caught by any other clan.

Tigerstar growled, "You have to kill Bone soon otherwise I won't be able to win in a one on one battle versus Scourge. I know Bone will protect him at all costs." He curled his lip in disgust at Bone's homosexual relationship with the small BloodClan leader. Charcoal had told him all about it.

Charcoal nodded, "Yeah, yeah." She rolled her eyes, "I'll find a rogue or some cat in BloodClan to help me sense he is even bigger than you. Bright got killed a few moons after I found her to help me." She snorted.

Tigerstar huffed, "I can have one of my most loyal warriors help you if you need an extra paw." He explained. Charcoal thought for a moment, "I'll wait for a few sunrises." She replied, "Thank you though, sir." She said and dipped her head.

Tigerstar only nodded. He sighed, "See you at full moon." He said and walked away. Charcoal smirked and walked back to BloodClan.