Chapter One

The top picture made me chuckle a bit 👌

Scourge's eyes shot open. He has had another nightmare for the second time this week. His eyes darted to every corner of the alleyway, shadows lurking like coyotes about to rip their prey apart.

Scourge noticed Charcoal walking back into the alleyway, her eyes looking devilish. He grew suspicious and rose to his paws, quickly walking over. Charcoal flinched and looked down at Scourge, expression turning nervous. Scourge stared at her with mistrust gleaming in his eyes.

Scourge was silent for a moment, he opened his jaws to speak and said in a quiet voice, "Why were you out there so late?" He asked, "You're moons away from being a warrior." His parental instincts kicked in as he scolded the black she-cat.

Charcoal huffed, "I couldn't sleep." She was clearly lying, "Okay, fine, I was meeting up with a ShadowClan cat.  The scent kinda rubbed off on me." She explained.

Scourge narrowed his eyes for a moment before sighing, " 'kay, fine. But just get to sleep soon. ShadowClan cats are..." He wanted to say selfish bastards but then again, Tigerstar wasn't from ShadowClan, "Interesting, I guess." He bit back a venomous remark about the ShadowClan leader that almost killed him.

Charcoal nodded, rolling her eyes and going to her nest. Bone was groggily perking up as he approached again, "Scourge, why are you up?" He asked.

Scourge was silent for a moment. He knew that Bone was a light sleeper and didn't mean to disturb the deputy, "Just a lot on my mind. You can go back to sleep, darling." He purred. He was too tired to care what he had called Bone. He actually didn't get much sleep for the past couple of moons due to his mind's nerve-wracking torment.

Bone looked suprised that Scourge called him that. He gently licked Scourge's cheek before quickly dozing off again.

Scourge quietly sat beside his mate, he didn't want to go back to sleep. His intrusive dreams and thoughts were making it nearly impossible not to be paranoid.

The nightmare played in his head. There was blood. So much blood. And cats ripping the others to shreds. The thing that made tears well in his eyes is that he saw the dead body of Bone, soaked in his own blood. Scourge shook his head in dismay. He wanted to talk to Bone about his nightly problems that danced around his head constantly at nighttime. He sighed, moving closer to Bone and resting his head on the large tomcat's back. He hoped this helped.

Scourge wouldn't feel as alone when he was right next to Bone, basically hugging him. Bone shifted to curl around him more. Scourge fell asleep. Him sleeping with Bone curled up beside him made him feel safer than ever.