Chapter Twenty-four

Scourge opened his eyes slowly, his fur dull and grey. Bone was laying beside him, tired and worried, "Clover, Thorn, he's awake." He said with a small yawn. He must've stayed up all night.

Thorn sighed, "Bone, you know what happened to him." She said gently. Bone sighed with grief clear in his eyes.

Scourge swallowed, his throat dry and scratchy, "Bone, how long have you waited for me to wake up?" He asked with a rasping voice.

Bone licked his face gently, "Six days. You wouldn't wake up after the... accident." He stated.

Scourge was confused, "Accident? What do you mean?" He questioned, worried. Bone shook his head, "You wouldn't be able to handle it, Scourge." He said.

Scourge growled, "Just tell me!" He huffed as Thorn dropped a moss ball filled with water and some squirrel.

Bone huffed, "Fine." He rested his head on Scourge's back, gently lapping st his back, "Clover died saving you from Charcoal. You got knocked out by her somehow and Clover managed to fight her off and kill her but he died soon after we found him injured. He told me to tell you that he loved you with everything in his body." His voice cracked slightly.

Scourge felt tears brim his brilliant blue eyes, "Atleast we have eachother and Twilight though we don't know her very well." He gently touched Bone's chest with his nose before starting to lap at the moss ball quickly. He felt tears emerge from his eyes, "This is all my fault..." He said quietly.

Bone shook his head quickly, "No, no, dearest, this is not your fault in the slightest!" He exclaimed.

Scourge glanced at Bone, not having much of an appetite. "Yes it is, I told Princess I would protect them!" He sobbed.

Bone stared at Scourge, "What does Princess have to do with them?" He asked. Scourge huffed, "She is their mother! She's the genes that gave Clover and Charcoal their eye colors and where Twilight got her pelt!" He exclaimed.

Bone blinked, "Wait.. they are Princess' kits? So they are related to you?" He asked. Scourge nodded, burying his face in Bone's chest fur. Bone curled around Scourge. Thorn licked her paw, "You need to eat, Scourge, your fur is turning grey from malnutrition." She said.

Scourge let out a long sigh started to eat and drink the water. Bone was curled around him, his hindleg twitching. He fell asleep and got his needed rest.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙁𝙧𝙤𝙨𝙩 | 𝘼 𝙎𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙜𝙚 𝙭 𝘽𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙁𝙖𝙣𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 🎉