Chapter Fourteen

Firestar stood at the end of the alleyway, his eyes narrowed. Scourge was silent, he knew trouble was coming, "Yes, my half-brother?" He asked, biting back a growl. Bone bristled but Scourge intertwined their tails, silencing his mate.

Clover started at Firestar, "You're the Firestar everyone's taking about? I thought you would be bigger and more scary." He shrugged.

The ginger tomcat had confusion his bright green eyes, "What? Why?" He asked, lashing his tail, "I don't try to be scary like Scourge." He muttered scornfully.

( We all know that Firestar isn't homophobic sense literally three of his friends are gay (Ravenpaw, Barley, and Tallstar) and his father (Jake) is bi-)

Scourge glared at the tomcat that almost killed him, "I kind of have to act scary. Most cats go off of size when it comes to being feared, I go against those guidelines." He said, composing himself from totally destroying his half-brother.

Firestar looked away, "I can tell." He huffed, "I heard the news about you and your deputy. Blackfoot told me the gossip. I wanted to... congratulate you." He muttered and sat down, curling his tail around your paws.

Scourge's warm eyes turned into chips of ice, "Why would you come so far to say that? Do you need something or not?" He asked as he grew annoyed, standing up.

Bone watched Firestar bristle and rise to his paws. Clover fluffed up and lashed his tail.

Firestar shook his head, "All I want is for Tigerstar to be killed. His rule has gone on for too long, he is a terrible leader. Don't spare Darkstripe either." He explained.

Scourge narrowed his icy eyes, "And what shall I get in return?" He questioned, staring sourly into his brother's eyes.

The other former kittypet thought for a moment, "Hm. I'll give you a rogue that looks identical to the tom over there. I found her in the middle of my territory." He replied.

Scourge let out a hum, "Okay. Bring me the rogue tomorrow and I'll lure Tigerstar in enough to murder him." He dipped his head. Firestar nodded and padded away.

When Scourge's half-brother was gone, the black tomcat looked at Clover, "Do you have another sister?" He asked.

Clover nodded, "Her name is Twilight. She has dark blue eyes and pale brown fur." He said, "At least that's what I remember her to look like. She probably looks different after these few months. We were searching for her when Darkstripe and Tigerstar found us. Coral wandered off from the den before telling our mother." He explained.  Scourge nodded and lay down beside his mate again, "I won't push you for anymore details. You'll know it when you'll see her, you can go now."

Clover ran off, leaving Scourge and Bone alone. Bone wrapped his forelegs around his mate, "I love you, darling." He purred softly."I love you too, my handsome mate." For the first time, Scourge hadn't called him an idiot.

Was something off or was Scourge simply warming up to him? Bone shrugged it off as nothing and started to lick the back of the small tomcat's neck where the purple collar wasn't resting, "Anything you want to talk about?" He asked. "Hm. I've been thinking about proposing to some cat. I'm sure you are smart enough to guess whom that is." He hummed.

Bone purred, "Is that why you needed space?" He asked. Scourge nodded his head, "Mhm." He purred. Bone snorted, "I bet I'll beat you to it." He muttered and continued to groom his mate.