Chapter Twenty-Three

Scourge walked around. Everything was different it was blurry and disoriented everywhere he went. It was like his sanity was tearing into tiny pieces. It was like dry, withering grass undertoe.

Scourge could still feel blood running down the slit in his throat but if he was honest, nothing hurt him in this bazaar world he was in.

It was complete and utter chaos. He didn't know where he was or why. Soon, the peaceful prairie turned into a dark forest, "Hello?" He called, his ears pricked as he waited for some type of response. Shadows flashed in front of him. He saw the firmiliar orange eyes from the battlefield.

The eyes came closer until he could make out basically a mirror of himself. But the eyes... the eyes were lifeless looking, emotionless and glassy, "Do you know where you are?" The clone of himself moved around him like a shadow as he spoke in a whispering voice. It was as if he had been sucked from a normal voice and replaced with a small, wind-sounding whisper and the voice wasn't there at all. The figure's hauntingly glossy eyes fixed on him.

Scourge shook his head, "Nope." He muttered, shivering at the drop in temperature.

"You're in your mind, fool. I'm your conscience mind, Scourge. You can call me your kittypet name or whatever." The reflection huffed

Scourge nodded, "Okay? Can you help be get out of here, it's so cold." He grumbled. Tiny stared at Scourge, huffing, "Fine. But you're really only cold because I'm here. I'm your darkest thoughts, nightmares, and almost everything that goes on in your head. I'm really cold when you are physically around me. Or should I say mentally? Whatever just follow me." He groaned.

Scourge walked close behind the shadow of himself. Am I really this snobby and dramatic? He asked himself. "That's a lot to take care of." He muttered.

Tiny glanced back, "Meh. You normally do it by yourself when it comes to your dark thoughts. You're kind of phycotic." He stated.

Scourge rolled his eyes, "I know I am." He said. Tiny let out a small snort, "Also quit thinking about Bone fucking you I have to watch it all." He purred. His voice was now a regular voice but it echoed softly.

Scourge felt his face burn, "Shut up! There could be another crazy piece of my subconscious mind here!" He exclaimed.

"I assure you that I am almost the only one in your brain." The shadow mewed. Scourge glanced at Tiny, "Huh. That's weird. I thought there would be a lot of figments of my imagination." He said.

Tiny shrugged, "Everyone has one of us, a shadow of your mind that keeps everything swell. We all have weird orange eyes no matter what color your eyes are. Unless you have heterochromia, then you have orange and yellow eyes," He took a deep breath before continuing, "Our worlds are confusing compared to yours. There is a dark side to most rogues like you. I find Bone's dark side quite attractive." He explained.

Scourge sighed, "What is his dark side's name?" He asked, waving his tail as they entered a pond. Their paws slid right over the crystal clear water with small fish dashing around it.

Tiny blinked, "Hawk. Bone's given name was hawk which is odd because he looks more like an eagle or something." He mewed.

Scourge stared at the water below him. Woah. That's cool. Wait, Bone's name was Hawk? It was the name he muttered while he was sleeping! He thought.

Tiny looked at him with half-closed eyes, "I can hear your thoughts, Scourge." He growled.

Scourge blinked, "Ah. Sorry." He apologized, purring with amusement at himself. The other black tomcat rolled his eyes, "You should see your own dark side too but he usually sleeps. He's a damn smart-ass." He hissed.

Scourge huffed, "I can tell." He said, pausing to look at the cat Tiny was talking about, instead of one white paw he had two white paws that looked like socks. He was snoring, his tail twitching. As he somehow rested in a small cloud.

"My imagination is weird." Scourge commented. Tiny nodded, "I have to do everything. He isn't even a dark side he is just a fucking lazy, spoiled rat." He spat.

Scourge blinked, "Wow. You really hate him." He said. Tiny stared across an invisible line, "I can't take you forward, this is the exit. You'll be seeing me often in your dreams." He said.

As soon as he came he left, Scourge stepped across the line and woke up in the real world.