Chapter Ten

Bone wiped his tears quickly before whipping around. There was an enraged Squirrel, baring her teeth, "So you don't like me now? We had a deal. You were my mate if Iet Scourge go. Guess I'll have to kill you soon and you precious little Scourge." She purred deeply.

Bone lashed his tail, "You can kill me but not Scourge. I swear to God if you dare to touch Scourge with your claws you'll be dead and you'll be sure to die slowly and painfully like Clay did." He growled.

Squirrel gasped, her eyes widening, "You killed my brother?!" She shouted.

Bone nodded, "I think that's correct. I mean, you both clearly have the destiny to die to my claws." He mewed and wore a smirk on his face.

Squirrel snarled, "Clay and I fucking had a plan. He stole Scourge and I got you! Why in the hell did you kill him?!" She asked in rising voice with every last word in the question.

Bone stared at her blankly for a minute, "He was a problem. Do you not understand that Clay tried to mate with Scourge without Scourge even liking him in that way? And flirted with Scourge non-stop?" He questioned.

"No. But your probably lying." Squirrel remarked. Bone glared at her, "He made Scourge extremely uncomfortable. So can you get your nose out of my business and keep it in your business? That would be much better than trying to make me love you and may I remind you, I have no interest in she-cats. I only have eyes for Scourge. Unless you want to get killed, you should run on back to Charcoal." And with that, he ran back into the alleyway.

Bone silently wished that Scourge didn't need space and they could get right back to cuddling. His ears perked up as he heard soft sobbing. No cat was in the alleyway it looked but then he realized Scourge was crying underneath his his dumpster.

Bone glanced around before sitting next to the dumpster, "Scourge, my dear, are you okay?" He asked softly.

Scourge got out from under the dumpster, the small tomcat's eyes filled with tears. He shook his head, "No, nothing is okay! I think some cat besides Clover found out about our relationship!" He choked up a weep.

Bone gently wrapped his forelegs around his mate, "Everything is going to be okay." He whispered though he was doubtful too. He wanted to make Scourge feel assured sense he knew that Scourge was worried.

Bone took in a large breath, "Who do you think knows?" He asked gently as Scourge tightly embraced him back, his face buried in his chest, "Night." Scourge replied.