Chapter 10 - Morning Run

The annoying alarm rang out through the room. I rolled over and clicked the button to silence the evil sound. I grudgingly pushed myself out of bed. I trudged over to Jackie's bed and gently shook her.

"Jackie." She groaned at me. "Where's the bathroom?" I asked.  She pointed towards a door in the room so I walked over and grabbed a pair of my warmer leggings and a thick pastel blue sweater along with some under clothes. I walked into the bathroom, carrying all of my toiletries. I took a quick shower and pulled on my warm clothes, hoping to keep away the freezing cold temperatures of this room. I pulled my hair up into a tight ponytail before adding a touch of makeup. 

I walked out of the bathroom and pulled on my favorite pair of blue socks before sliding on my boots. I stuck my wand in my boot knowing I probably wouldn't need to use it but what's the harm in being safe?

I glanced at my clock seeing that it was almost 7:10. I headed down towards the common room and found Draco walking into the room at the same time as me. He had on grey sweatpants and a dark green sweatshirt. I pulled on his hood and nodded at me.

"I see you decided to join me." He said as we both started walking towards the exit of the common room.

"How could I not? Plus what else is there to do?" I said as the passage to the hall opened and we both started walking out.

"I guess. Most people like to sleep in as long as they can on breaks." We followed the same path that we took last night all they way out to the courtyard.

"What's the point in sleeping in if I'm going to wake up early anyways?" I said as we both started jogging. He led us over a bridge and towards a huge looking stadium. 

"Not a night owl?" He said as we jogged inside the stadium. The stadium wasn't like your classic football stadium, it was made up of huge towers that looked as though they were made of fabric. Each tower transitioned almost randomly between the houses colors. The actual field in the middle of the stadium was rounded and where the goal post would normally be, there was three hoops high up in the air.

"I mean it depends but I am definitely more of a morning person." I said as we started jogging laps around the field. 

"Me too." He said. "I did kind of force myself to be a morning person though." He glanced down at me before looking forward again. 

"Forced yourself?" I asked as we jogged around the first curve of the field.

"I prefer to do my workouts in the morning. Always have to be the best right?" We both were breathing decently hard since we had to have been jogging for a good amount of time at this point.

"I can get behind that philosophy." I smiled up at him. "I hate when people are better than me." I rolled my eyes as we reached the next curve of the field.

"That's the whole idea. We are the best no matter what." He said as we both slowed at the entrance of the field.

"Well like it's a given I'm not going to be the best at everything. I just hate when somebody rubs it in my face. It just makes me want to work even harder to be better than them." I placed my hands on my knees and took down gulps of air.

"Exactly." He said as he mirrored me. "But why not just work around the whole idea of getting put down in the first place and manipulate your way to the top?" He said while he stood up straight.

"Well if you always cheat then how are you supposed to say that you are the best if you are basing your whole being on a lie." I cocked an eyebrow at him. "What is your main goal in life anyways? Become the biggest fraud?" I laughed as he turned and started jogging again. I followed him closely. "I'm just joking Draco." He stopped running and turned to face me.