Prologue

Baz

It's exhausting really, having to share your space with someone who thinks Fibonacci is a type of pasta. Simon Snow is the opposite of me in every way, and yet we've somehow been paired together to share a dorm. The world truly is a cruel place.

Simon

It's just my luck I get paired with the fruitiest guy on campus. The freak probably jerks off to his math homework.

Baz

Something about being away from home with the prospect of getting to be who I want to be, far away from my family's judgmental eyes was so exciting to me. Well, it was, until I realized I was going to have to share my space with someone who was even more judgmental. I tried to keep my head down for most of the first semester, laugh along with his idiotic jokes, and pretend to like him until I realized that I couldn't let this one person dictate my life. Almost overnight I did a full one-eighty. Hung up a rainbow flag, started calling him out on his twisted world views. I began to love who I was out of spite, and suddenly I was able to find friends who also loved me.  

Snow also retaliated out of spite. But his retaliation came in the form of bringing new girls back to our dorm every night and forcing me to find excuses to leave. One time I tried to just put my headphones in and study (big mistake). I couldn't get the sound of their moans out of my head, disgusting. Maybe? No. Definitely disgusting. I'm sick, but not that sick.

That was last year though, and I'm hoping this year we might be able to come to a bit of a truce. Nothing crazy, I will never be his friend, but perhaps we could at least be civil.

•  •  •

"This is fucking bullshit" Snow growls, tossing his bag towards the general direction of his bed. I can't believe he's mad about having to quarantine.

I arrived at our dorm a day early to settle in because unpacking at the same time as Simon Snow the hurricane is pretty much impossible.

"What's bullshit is the fact that you're upset that you have to spend a mere 2 weeks in your room, to help prevent others from dying" I counter his complaint, and he rolls his eyes. "Or Is your real issue the fact that you're going to have to find a pastime other than beer pong, skipping class, and fucking random girls?" I add, and feel a wave of satisfaction wash over me when I see his stupid mouth twitch in annoyance. So much for trying to be civil.

"Fuck off" he glares at me, continuing to throw his belongings onto his bed haphazardly.

"Twat" I shake my head and go back to my English reading.

———————————————————————————————-
Shout out to everyone who's here for the smut (It's chapter 6)