Return to Traverse Town

Brody's POV

We went back to traverse town to report with Leon and Yuffie said he was beyond the sewer in the distric so we opened the way and found Leon with Aerith.

"Leon" Brody said "welcome back, you guys found the keyhole" Leon said "Yeah. The keyblade locked it automatically" Sora said "Good" Aerith said "Every world among the stars has a keyhole" Leon said "And each one leads to the heart of that world" he said "There must be one inthis town as well" he said "How could you know?" I asks "It was in Ansem's report" Aerith said "The heartless enter through the keyhole and do something to the world's core" Leon said "What happens to the world?" Sora asks "It falls to darkness" I said "What?!" Sora, Donald and Goofy asked "Don't tell me you two didn't know" I said to Donald and Goofy "That's why his key and yours are so important" Leon said to Sora reffering to me and him "Please lock the keyholes. You two are the only ones who can" Aerith said "I don't know...." Sora said and looks at me "You sure you don't want to do it alone? You seem more used to this than me" Sora said "You know seeing other worlds would serve you well" I said "Plus we gotta find our friends and Mickey. And I want you to come" I said and Sora blushed a bit at the last part "A-Alright. Okay" Sora said and after asking them about the gummi blocks they said to go to Cid and Leon gave me an earthshine as we headed back up.

When we went to Cid he said he could install it on the gummi ship to allow it to reach new worlds but had to deliver something first, a book and I said we could deliver it so Cid handed over the old book and we headed to the old house in the third distric.

When we got there we looked around seeing it was empty "There's something about this musty place..." I heard Kairi said and I looked over seeing here which startle me"It reminds me of the secret place back home, where you and Sora used to scribble on the walls. That was an adorable sight" she said "remember?" She ask while I looked confused "Kairi?" I asked confused "Brody?" Sora asks and I look at him and back where Kairi was to see she vanished startling me more.

"Well, well. I didn't think I'd see you again" I heard a familiar voiced and I looked over seeing the old wizard from Radiant Garden 'hmm Merlin!' I thought "Merlin, what are you doing here?" I asked "Your friend Mickey requested my help" Merlin said "The king?" Goofy asks "Yeah. So we got Brody, Donald and Goofy. Who's the young man with you, I was expecting someone else" Merlin said "I'm Sora" Sora said "I see, nice to meet you" Merlin said and used his magic on his bag opening it and taking out lots of items as they decorated the empty house. Merlin then introduced us to the Fairy Godmother, she said she knew about me from helping make Cinderellas' dress and then I showed Merlin the book "Oh that book, don't you recognize it? It's the book you gave me" Merlin said and I looked at it "Oh. I didn't, seems a lot of pages are missing" I said "Yeah, say if you come across missing pages on your journey please bring them back and maybe you'll be able to visit the world in the book" Merlin said and I nodded and then talked to the Fairy Godmother about the stone Leon gave me and she said it could summon someone who's world has been lost and she said that the one in this stone was a lion named simba so she made it so we could summon him for battle and then we decided to head back to the third distric.

When we got out we were suprised to see Riku infront of us "There you two are. What's going on?" Riku asks "Riku!" Sora said and pulls on Riku's cheeks "Hey, hey, cut it out" Riku said stepping back "I'm not dreaming this right?" Sora asks "I hope not. Took forever to find you two" Riku said "It's nice to see you. It's Kairi with you?" I asked, I still didn't know what to think about what happened in Destiny islands 'Could I have just imagined that?' I thought "Isn't she with you?" Riku asks "No" Sora said "Well don't worry. I'm sure she made it off the island, too" Riku said "We're finally free. Hey, she might even be looking for us now" He said "Just leave everything to me. I know this--" Riku started as a shadow was gonna hit him from behind and I slashed it with my keyblade "Leave it to who?" Sora asks "Brody, what did you--" Riku said "We've been looking for you and Kairi, too" Sora said "With their help. These are Donald and Goofy some other friends from a long time ago" I said "And we visited so many places and worlds looking for you" Sora said "Really? Well what do you know?" Riku asks "I never would have guessed" he said and I felt goofy put his hands on my shoulders "Oh, and did you know Brody's a keyblade master and Sora can use the keyblade too" Goofy said "I don't know how Sora got it" Donald said "Whats that mean?" Sora asks "So this is a keyblade?" Riku asks and I moved my hand holding my keyblade away before he grabbed it "Anyway, are you coming with us?" Sora asks "No, he can't come!" Donald said "What?" Sora asks angry "Forget it" Donald said "Oh, come on! He's my and Brody's friend" Sora said "I don't care!" Donald said "Huh? He's gone" Goofy said and sure enough Riku vanished "Riku? Nice going" Sora said "Oh well. At least he's okay" Sora said "And who knows? Maybe we'll run into Kairi soon, too" He said "Right" I said and with that the four of us went to the small house in the district to find Leon and the others.

"You guys ever hear of Maleficent?" Cid asks "Maleficent? Wait she's a witch. In enchanted dominion" I said remembering "You know her?" Sora asked "Fought her too" I said "I heard she's in town" Cid said "What? That's impossible, she shouldn't have the means to travel to other worlds" I said "She's the reason this town is full of heartless" Leon said 'What? But how?.... Now that I think about it...where's enchanted dominion? I haven't seen it anywhere or the Dwarf Woodlands..' I thought "Hey if Brody fought her we'll be fine" Sora said "Don't take her lightly" Leon said "She's been using heartless for years" Aerith said 'Years? What has been going on since I've been in Destiny Islands?' I thought "We lost our world, thanks to her" Leon said "One day, a swarm of heartless took over our world!" Cid said "That was nine years ago" Leon said "I got out of that mess and came here with these guys" Cid said "That's awful!" Donald said "Our ruler was a wise man named Ansem" Leon said "He dedicated his life to studying the heartless" He said "His reports should tell us how to get rid of the heartless" Cid said "Where's this report?" Sora asks "We don't know" Leon said "That's a problem" I said "It got scattered when our world was destroyed" Leon said "I'm sure Maleficent's got most of the pages" Cid said.

Third Person's POV

At the same time outside the small house, unaware to our heroes Riku was watching with Maleficent "You see? It's just as I told you" Maleficent said to Riku "While you toiled away trying to find your dear friend, Sora and Brody simply replaced you with some new companions and Brody is just interested in finding his old friends" She added "Evidently, now they value them far more than they do you" She said "You're better off without that wretched boy and that meddling boy" She said "Now, think no more of them, and come with me" She said "I'll help you find what you're searching for..." She said.

*Back inside*

Brody's POV

"So, you two delivered that book?" Cid asks and Sora and I nodded "That navigation gummi's installed and ready to go" He said "You two find another one, you bring it to me" He said "I threw in a warp gummi for the heck of it" He said "Now you can jump to worlds you've been to before" He said 'Thank god, I felt like nothing interesting happen while driving the slow ship' I thought "Well, better get back to my real job" Cid said "What's my real job? You'll see" He said "See me at the first district" He said "I've been thinking about the bell in the Second District" Aerith said "That one that rang a bit ago?" Sora asks "What about it?" I asked "The one above the gizmo shop. There's a legend about it, you know" Yuffie said "But it's all boarded up. Nobody can get in there" Aerith said "Heck, go check it out. Ring it three times to see if anything happens" Cid said and we that we decided to make our way there.

*At the Second District*

We made our way up to the roof of the Gizmo shop and Sora, Donald, Goofy and I charged at the boarded up wooden planks at the same time breaking it down and we saw the bell and then Sora rang the bell three times and the fountain near the entrance to district one. The middle image of the fountain flipped till it revealed a keyhole!

So the four of us went down and towards the fountain but the same armor heartless we fought the first time in this world landed infront of us so we got ready to fight. It started normally until the heartless dropped to the floor and it got back up but it's hands stood as legs and it's legs acted as hands and the torso turned upside down and the head's helmet opened revealing a black empty face with bright yellow eyes common in heartless and so we got ready for round 2.

It certainly was a fight but nonetheless we won and took down the heartless and it vanished, it's heart going up. Once that was over, Sora and I walked closer to the keyhole and we used our keyblades to lock it for good and we moved on to see Cid in the first district.

In the first district we found Cid rather quickly, "Hey, now that was quick!" Cid said "Now you two know. I'm in the gummi block business" He said "Workin' on your gummi ship sure was great" He said "Come again and I'll give you two a big discount" He said and gave us a rare gummi part "Go ahead, take it. It's a special giveaway" He said and once we were all prepared the four of us got on the gummi ship and took off.

Who knows what else awaits us but I know we are ready for anything.