Maybe It'll Be Just Right

>Brax's POV

Thump! I groaned and pulled myself up off the floor. I had stayed up late last night talking to Emily about the homework for classes. She wouldn't give me the answers though. I dragged myself to the bathroom and splashed water in my face. My hair was in a mess and seriously needed to be cut. I took a quick shower and got dressed. Pants and this blue shirt should do. I put on my shoes and walked out the door.

The sun was beating down on my back as I walked with my hands in my pockets to Emily's house. The 4th of July had passed and I had the perfect opportunity to tell her, but I chickened out. Gosh why am I so scared? I sighed and whipped my hair out from my face.

More people crowded the town to buy fruits, vegetables, and whatever they could get their hands on before it was gone. Not many people drove cars around here. The old culture practically stayed here and didn't move much farther into newer things.

I saw Emily sitting on the steps texting away on her phone. Her hair blew around a little and she smiled. She always loved cool breezes.. I smiled looking at her. She already had a tan and was in shorts with a loose blue tee. She looked up and noticed me. Her green eyes were brighter in the sun as she waved and stood up.

"Hey Brax!"

"Hey. What are we doing today?"

"The fountain like always"

And with that, she walked away. Her dark hair was much longer and much darker. I remembered how happy she was when Luke and Mary came over earlier this Summer. She was always smiling and even included me into their group. Did I make her that happy?

...

I was nervous as I walked up to Emily. My heart was racing, my palms were sweaty, and I felt like I could throw up at any given moment. They had plans at the fountain to have a bonfire at the beach, and now it was that time. It also time for you to do this. No backing out.

"Hey Emily"

"Brax! You're here!"

She hugged me and it made my situation even worse. She let go and smiled at me. I smiled back thinking of the possibility. What if she doesn't- Shut the fuck up. Don't ruin this.

"Emily I have to tell you something.."

We were both still looking at each other. She looked a little worried where as I was about to faint. Are you seriously about to do this? Yes. I took a deep breath.

"Emily... You're so beautiful, and funny, and smart, and I just love everything about you. The way you laugh or how you get mad at me really easily when I don't skateboard in the safest manner." She chuckled at this and I smiled. "The way you walk or turn your head around to make sure I'm following or even how you like to surprise attack me from behind though I know you're coming. I love how you're indepedent and hate when I try to help you even though you really need it for those high shelves."

She smiled at this and I didn't feel as nervous.

"I love how you can do all these amazing tricks and skateboard so well. I love your smile, your hair, and just.. just you. I'm so glad you rode your skateboard that day and I was there to help you out. It's taken me forever just to say this, but... I love you."

Everything just came out so quickly and suddenly I was afraid she wouldn't catch a single word I was saying, but she did. What she did next really surprised me. It wasn't like hearing her footsteps running up behind me and jumping onto my back. I had no idea it was coming and it surprised me so much, but it was ok. I pulled her closer to me not caring what everyone else would say... As we kissed.