Chapter 5

This: Normal

This: Letters

This: Memories

This: Godparent bond

This: Authors Notes

This: Spells/Different Language (French unless stated otherwise) / Thoughts/ Emphasis

Time Skip (To the day the Harry first met Lockhart):

To find more about the Ravenclaw Diadem, Amelia had to go to Knockturn Alley. So, Lucius and Draco covered for her, going to Borgin & Burkes so nobody suspected her. But, just to be sure, she put a heavy glamour on herself to look like a really old hag.

For some reason, she saw Harry running around in Knockturn.

"Not lost, are you, my dear?" she asked in her creepiest voice, making the boy jump.

Harry backed away. "I'm fine, thanks," he said. "I'm just—"

Just then, Hagrid (half-giant) yelled, "HARRY! What d'ya think yer doin' down there?"

The jar Amelia had been holding that contained something both for herself and Severus fell and Mel cursed as Hagrid and Harry left the Alley. But before Harry turned the corner, Mel tugged on the godmother bond. He turned, but Amelia was gone.

By the time Amelia saw either Malfoy again, it was around 1 P.M. She entered the bookshop and scanned it for blond hair.

Of course, she found with it, red hair.

Weasleys.

Amelia cursed mentally. She never liked the Weasleys because Arthur Weasley and his brother, Flynn Weasley, bullied her relentlessly in her school years for being in the good graces of the Malfoys and being a Slytherin, never mind the fact that she was a muggle-born (Well, that's what most thought). They were almost as annoying as the Marauders.

"...me, what's the use of being a disgrace to the name of Wizard if they don't even pay you well for it?" Lucius was saying. Amelia smirked at that.

Of course, the hate for the Weasleys eased considerably when she taught Bill and Charlie Weasley when she subbed for Severus (he was on paternity leave, but none of the kids knew that).

"We have a very different idea of what disgraces the name of Wizard, Malfoy," Weasley Sr. said.

"Clearly," Lucius said, looking at a couple who Amelia guessed were muggles, "The company you keep, Weasley...and I thought your family could sink no lower —"

Amelia knew Lucius could see Weasley's attack from a mile away, yet he did nothing because Lucius would be Lucius and Lucius was Lucius.

There was a yell of, "Get him, Dad!" from one of Weasley's kids; Mrs. Weasley (Molly was also one of Mel's bullies along with her brothers) was shrieking, "No, Arthur, no!"; the crowd stampeded backward, knocking more shelves over; "Gentlemen, please - please!" cried the assistant. Finally, Amelia had enough and walked up to the men and pushed them to different sides.

She looked at Lucius, who was smirking, though an encyclopedia cut his cheek a bit. He was holding a book.

"Here, girl — take your book— it's the best your father can give you—"

Amelia had enough and pulled him out of the shop, but not before stumbling a bit by the smallest boy and letting both Harry and Weasley Sr. see her face. Both of their eyes widened. Looks like Sev was right; Harry did remember, if only a bit.