Chapter 30

The newest 'Educational Decree' didn't even apply to Amelia since she wasn't really a teacher. That meant that many kids were coming to her to ask about the news and people who had broken out.

Bellatrix broke out, by the way. On one hand, she was happy. They were friends for five years or so. On the other hand, she was insane and barely remembered Amelia. Amelia, in fact, found it horrible that nobody thought to put her in St. Mungo's but no, because she's a Death Eater, she must be doing everything with her own free will.

At the moment, Amelia was in the Three Broomsticks, sipping a Butterbeer. She would have had a firewhisky, but she didn't want to lose her senses, even for a bit.

"Harry! Harry, over here!"

Somehow, someone's voice got through Amelia's headphones from Wizarding America. She looked up, and there was Harry sitting with Granger, Skeeter and Luna? Oh, well.

Skeeter than snorted, looking at Luna in derision. Amelia leaned in. So maybe she'd gotten attached to Luna and Neville, but how could she not?

They would make such a cute couple.

But then, Amelia leaned back. If Luna was with Skeeter along with Harry with Granger, it must mean that Skeeter would interview Harry on that...night. It would be published in the Quibbler too.

She'd read it later.

Amelia was annoyed with Dumbledore, not that it happened all the time. He hasn't done anything about Umbridge, though Amelia was sure he had enough evidence about Umbridge's Blood Quills. The amount of Murtlap Essence Sev and her had to brew was over the top. Even first years! The only time he did anything about her was when he stopped Trelawney from leaving Hogwarts, which was stupid because she wasn't even a real teacher.

Dumbledore haired a centaur to teach Divination which was also stupid because centaurs were noble creatures and most humans didn't know how to treat them. For another, centaurs had a whole different way of Divination and belittled humans.

The D.A. was helping kids and more first and second years were coming to her secret classes while the older kids wouldn't really come at all.

Draco was lounging in her office, the way he did when it was only family, talking to Parkinson and Zabini. Just then, Umbridge's voice burst through the magical walkie-talkie-thingy they had.

"SNAPE! There has been some disturbance known as the 'Dumbledore's Army' in the school and I would like you to round up anyone on this list." A list popped onto Amelia's desk. "YOU BETTER DO IT, SNAPE, OR YOU'RE FIRED! But first come to Dumbledore's office."

"Ouch, her voice," Amelia groaned, gingerly touching her ears.

"Dumbledore's Army?" Parkinson asked, "You mean Potter's club?"

"Yeah," Amelia said, "I'm surprised they held up this long. They weren't subtle."

"Yeah, I mean, we've known since they started the stupid thing," Draco rolled his eyes.

"What do you expect from a group formed by the most Gryffindor-ish Gryffindors, though?" Zabini said.

"Mhm," Amelia said, "You guys take the shortcut from here to the Dungeons and stay there for now. Talk to you later."

Once their trio left, so did Amelia.

"'Sup, Mr. Gargoyle?" Amelia asked at Dumbledore's office, "How you doing? You haven't told me your name yet, you know. I asked when I was in fourth year, it's been years, man. Gonna tell me or not?"

If gargoyles could glare...well, this one could and it did, then let Amelia in without the password.

The office was full of people. Dumbledore was sitting behind his desk, his expression serene, the tips of his long fingers together. Professor McGonagall stood rigidly beside him, her face extremely tense. Cornelius Fudge, Minister of Magic, was rocking backward and forward on his toes beside the fire, apparently immensely pleased with the situation. Kingsley Shacklebolt, Dawlish, Umbridge, some redhead and Harry.