Chapter 10

"How is she even related to Snape?" Ron asked Harry and Hermione as they exited the Potions classroom.

Harry stayed silent while Hermione agreed.

"Do you think she's going to try to kill you too, Harry?" Hermione asked, grinning.

"He WHAT?!" Draco Malfoy's voice hit their ears and the trio turned to see the girl-Snape looking at Malfoy with her hands on her hips.

"B-but that would make us...god-cousins," he said.

"There is no such thing as that, Mr. Malfoy, but, be a bit nicer to him," Amelia answered.

"He's your...but S...I can't," he said and pushed past her towards the dungeons.

Harry shook his head. That made no sense, but a whole lot of things didn't.

"She doesn't even look like a Snape," Ron was saying, "He has black hair while she has blonde hair."

"She's kind of short, too," Hermione added.

"Doesn't make her any less scary, though," Harry said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draco Malfoy was confused. Amelia was his godmother. And, suddenly, Potter comes into the question and she's his godmother too!

Stupid Potter, always taking away the spotlight.

And people asked him why he hated the boy-who-lived so much.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone watched the stupid Goblet spit out a piece of paper.

Dumbledore caught the piece of parchment and held it at arm's length so that he could read it by the light of the flames, which had turned back to blue-white. "The champion for Durmstrang," he read, in a strong, clear voice, "will be Viktor Krum."

"Meh, makes sense," Amelia said quietly as she clapped. She didn't know the boy personally, but anyone could see that he was pretty antisocial.

"Bravo, Viktor!" boomed Karkaroff, so loudly that everyone could hear him, even over all the applause. "Knew you had it in you!"

Amelia sneered. She always hated him.

The clapping and chanting died down. Now everyone's attention was focused again on the goblet, which, seconds later, turned red once more. The second piece of parchment shot out of it, propelled by the flames.

"The champion for Beauxbatons," said Dumbledore, "is Fleur Delacour!"

Amelia smiled. The Delacour's and Malfoys were close and that family was Amelia could stand during those parties and galas.

The Hogwarts champion next . . . And the Goblet of Fire turned red once more; sparks showered out of it; the tongue of flame shot high into the air, and from its tip, Dumbledore pulled the third piece of parchment.

"The Hogwarts champion," he called, "is Cedric Diggory!"

Amelia nodded. That made sense. Amelia also knew how many people had a crush on him, boys and girls alike.

"Excellent!" Dumbledore called happily as at last the tumult died down. "Well, we now have our three champions. I am sure I can count upon all of you, including the remaining students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, to give your champions every ounce of support you can muster. By cheering your champion on, you will contribute in a very real—"