Chapter Four

"Um... I like their music..."

Bam had retreated into his shell once more, unsure how to open up to the stranger beside him.

"Well that's vague."

It had been so long since Bam had had to hold a conversation with a stranger that his mind was blanking.

"Erm....the songs are really good and the lyrics really speak to me. They helped me through a hard time."

Before he knew it he was speaking before thinking.

Ah! Why did I say that to a complete stranger?

"Music can really speak to you on a different level, huh."

He stole an embarrassed glance at Khun who was listening intently to him. No judgement apparent.

"Um, I relate to a lot of their songs but, not only that, the singers voice is amazing. He gives me goosebumps whenever I hear his voice."

Bam was unsure why he was telling Khun all of this, he felt unusually comfortable around him. His voice seemed to have a calming effect on him.

Or maybe it was because of his gentle yet cheeky demeanor.

Or maybe it was the fact that he approached Bam without any bias and treated him like a normal human being.

It wasn't long before Bam got carried away with his passion for his favourite band and was in full blown fan boy mode.

"I love how all of the members hide their identity, wearing black suits and masks. Although the rest of the group only wear a mask that covers their nose and mouths, the singer wears a mask that only reveals the left side of his face, mouth and both eyes."

Khun was smiling at Bam's newfound enthusiasm.

"So who's your favourite member?"

"A.A the singer. 100%"

He replied without hesitation before looking away, slightly embarrassed. He had never been able to have a conversation like this with anyone before. He wondered why he was able to speak to Khun without hesitation.

"He's definitely my celebrity crush...."

"Good to know. Why him though?"

"Ah, I first fell in love with his voice. Everytime I hear him sing, I can't help but fall for him, it sends a shiver down my spine. Not to mention he looks so good in a suit. And his combed back, messy blonde hair, his steely blue eyes feel like they're looking right at me, they're such an intense colour...."

Bam was interrupted by a chortling Khun when he realised how embarrassing he sounded, fangirling over a celebrity.

He pouted at Khun as the other boy couldn't stop laughing.

"Actually.... his eye colour is really similar to yours."

Bam leaned in closer to Khun, trying to get a better look at the eyes that were so similar to his idols.

"Haha, you are such a fan boy Bam, I never expected that. So what about songs, have a favourite?"

"Oh, um.... it's an oldie but this one really spoke to me. Um, let me play it for you, you probably wouldn't know it."

Bam was snapped out of his transfixion with Khuns eyes, flustered by how close he had leaned over to him.

He clumsily opened up his guitar bag and pulled it out, almost dropping it in the process.

"Oh!"

"Ah, be careful."

He caught the guitar before it could fall but Khun had also reached out at the same time.

Bam regretted once more that he had cut his hair as he wished he could hide his flaming cheeks as Khuns hand lingered a few moments longer than it needed to.

Focusing on his guitar, Bam settled himself ready to play.

He strummed the opening chords.

"Oh, you're pretty good, this opening is quite difficult."

Khun praised Bam but he didn't hear, he was lost in the song.

It was time for the first verse and Bam, eyes already closed, opened his mouth.

He was snapped back to reality at the end of the song by a deafening silence which was soon broken.

"Holy shit."

More silence ensued.

Bam scanned the room to find everyone staring at him, their blank expressions unreadable.

Everything started to turn black and hazy.

Oh.... it's happening again.....

Squeezing his eyes shut and gripping onto his guitar for dear life, he felt a hand placed on his shoulder.

"Guys, we've hit the jackpot with this one."

Authors note
Thanks for reading so far guys, I hope you're enjoying the story. Honestly, I love this ship so much it has taken over my life, can someone please ban me from pinterest, I can't stop looking for fan art! It was only a matter of time before I wrote something about this ship but the time finally came when I was looking for a good BamKhun fanfic but.... I feel bad saying this.... the only ones I could find were really badly written (please tell me if you find any good, well written stories of this ship!). So I hope this story appeases others like me who have a ridiculously high standard for fanfics! I hope I am good enough to bring this ship the honour and respect it deserves 🤣
Also, the picture at the top is the inspiration for the masked singer! Credit to artist.