Chapter Fourteen

Monday morning and Bam felt haggard.

He had spent the entire weekend trying to distract himself from thinking about Khun.

It was a difficult task.

Fortunately, he was meeting the others at the studio first thing in the morning and was currently attempting to take a slow walk there.

Attempting, as his feet seemed to have other ideas and sped up at the thought of seeing Khun.

As he approached the front of the studio building, a familiar blue haired figure came into view.

Bam's fast pace turned into a slow jog.

"Khun-san!"

"Good to see you too Bam. You're going to give me the wrong idea running up and greeting me like that."

It wouldn't be the wrong idea though.

Laughing in response, Bam did not dispute what was said.

"Ready to go in? The others aren't here yet."

Leading the way again, Khun walked them through the large building until they reached their usual rehearsal space.

The two made comfortable small talk as they set up their gear.

"Did you have a good weekend Khun-san?"

"Yeah, it was a bit hectic but it was good."

"What did you get up to?"

Bam's obsessive curiosity got the better of him.

"A lot of practicing to be honest."

"Practicing?"

His interest was piqued by the statement.

"With the others. We play together and we have a gig coming up."

"Oh... I didn't realise..."

Bam couldn't stop the jealousy swallowing him.

"To be honest, thus is a good time to bring it up. We'd like to play the song we've been practicing that you wrote, is that okay with you?"

A million questions ran through Bam's mind as the door to the studio opened and the three remaining members piled in.

As they all made their greetings Khun quietly asked Bam again.

"Uh... sure..."

Now distracted by the ruckus following the three, or rather two, loudest members of the group, Bam replied without giving it to much thought.

"Great! Thanks Bam."

Having completed his mission, Khun called for everyone's attention and explained the agenda for the day.

The uni group would be practicing for two hours that morning, an hour on the uni song and an hour on Bam and Khuns original song.

"We'll start with the original song, I'd like for us to make good progress on it today."

The group nodded and prepared their instruments.

But why am I practicing it with them if they want to use it for their gig, surely I'm in the way... for one thing, who will be singing it in their band?

The thought crossed Bam's mind but the music quickly started and he was lost in the moment.

Having worked up a sweat over the first hour of practice, the students were taking a five minute breather to get ready for another hours work.

"Say Bam, have you got the lyrics ready yet?"

Shibisu called over from behind his keyboard.

"Not yet, almost."

Bame replied, amost meekly as he knew his words were pathetic.

Of course the lyrics had been written and finished from the start but he still wasn't prepared to share them with anyone yet.

"No problem Bam. As long as we get the music down, you can add in the lyrics anytime. I think we're all pretty skilled enough here to be able to manage with that."

"Haha, of course turtles. We could even handle having the lyrics added the day of the performance!"

Rak decided to join in, bragging to his fullest.

As the group laughed and joked about this, Bam was considering the comment.

Actually.... that might not be a bad idea....

Authors note

Just a quick chapter today guys, thanks for reading so far. We should be reaching the climax in a few chapters time so I hope you all look forward to it! Please continue reading, voting and commenting, I really do appreciate it.