Mommy, what's a Soulmate. [A Demmy fanfic]

Mommy, what's a Soulmate Demmy a fanfic

"Mommy?? What's a soulmate??" Joseph said from his place at the kitchen table as he was drawing a picture of a rainbow and a person sitting under it while their feet were in the water. He looked over at Emmy who was washing the dishes from today's breakfast.

 "What was that honey," She said cheerily with a beaming smile as she looked at the small boy.

Joseph looked down at his drawing as he looked back up at his mother, He kicked his small legs under the table as he blinked before repeating his question to her "I said What's a soulmate??" He said in a squeak voice as he looked at her with his dark brown eyes tilting his head a little to the side.

 "Oh" Emmy muttered under her breath as she grabbed a towel from the towel rack and dried her hands before walking over and pulling up a chair next to her son sitting down. 

"What's a soulmate?? That's what you said right??" She asked again.

"Yeah," He said coloring in his picture trying to stay in the lines as much as possible. "Why do you ask Jose??" She said folding her hands on the table glancing at him raising her eyebrow. "Well, My classmates were talking about soul mates and when they would find theirs one day. And well, You and daddy are soul mates right?? He asked, putting the back of the crayon to his lips a little.

Emmy nodded her head as he listened to what her 7-year-old son had to say. "Yes that's right," She said smiling as she peaked at the little microphone printed in the inside of her wrist.

"Yeah, So what exactly is that"?? Jose muttered as he stopped coloring to give her his full attention.

"Well.." Emmy said starting "It's a...Well, It's like a best friend, but more." She said with a small smile on her face as she chuckled "It's the one person in the world who knows you better than anyone else. It's someone who makes you a better person sweetie" She frowned as she tapped her light green painted nails on the table as she tried to think of a good way to restatement what she just said. "Well, They don't make you a better person, but they will always be there for you when you need them the most" She looking at Jose to make sure he understood.

"Like how daddy was there for you during "the accident" He required. "Yeah.... Like how he was with me during the accident sweetie. You're right." She bit her lip awkwardly before  continuing  again. "you do that yourself...because they inspire you. They love you and they want you to be the best part of yourself that you can ever be". Jose looked up at his mother and reached over and took her hand patting it with his chubby little fingers. "A soulmate is someone who you can carry with you forever." Emmy looked at him as she ruffled his fluffy light brown hair.

As Emmy spoke she started to get a little passionate  with her words so that they hold meaning.

"It's the one person who knew you and accepted you... Believed in you before anyone else did or when no one else would."She tapped her fingers as she remembers the memory of Daveed staying with her at her house to make sure that she's safe while sitting at the front door back against the wall so that her ex won't come in and hurt her due to the threat that he made while in the hospital when she shot him in defense.

Joseph looked at Emmy as she tapped her hand on the table. Jose looked at her and grabbed her hand, tapping it telling her to go on and continue because he wants to hear the rest of her explanation. "And no matter what happens you will always love them. Nothing can ever change that...... Ever" She says as she ended her speech.

There was a silence that almost lasted for an hour or so until Emmy let out a small sigh as she got up and looked at her son. "Did I answer your question honey?" She said looking at Joseph, Joseph nodded his head with a small smile on his face as he let out a little giggle and nodded his head.

"Yes mama, You did. Thank you" he said grinning as he went right back to his drawing. Emmy smiled at her son as she bent down and kissed his cheek before getting back up and waking over the refrigerator and looking inside.

"Do you want anything for a snack pumpkin?" Emmy said glancing at little joseph.

"Yes Please!" Joseph said going back to his picture, Emmy looked at her son one last time before smiling and leaving to start on his snack.

(Just a little Mother and Son moment)

Don't forgot to comment what you though of it. I would love to see what y'all think of this one.

Thanks for reading.

Love Alex~