Friends and Enemies

Obi-Wan, presently disguised as a villain named Hardeen was piloting a spacecraft to crash.

"You're coming in too fast, Hardeen. Are you trying to kill us?" Cad Bane argued causing Hardeen to grit his teeth in protest.

The plan was to get close to Eval and figure out his assassination scheme for the Chancellor and foil it, nowhere in the plan was Cad Bane involved. But Obi-Wan realized that perhaps he could finish two operations in one. After all, Ahsoka had mentioned that upon her escape from a Trandoshan hunt, one of the leaders had told her that Skysati had been sold back to Cad Bane, which should have been impossible seeing as the bounty had been imprisoned at the time, well until presently.

"They'll be waiting for us in every spaceport." Hardeen explained "We have to ditch the ship,"

Cad Bane was forced into a seat "You mean you're going to intentionally crash us into the swamp,"

"Yeah, that is exactly what I'm gonna do,"

"He's right." Eval told Bane "We have no choice,"

"Get ready for a fast exit," Hardeen piloted the ship through the dense green fog, not caring for the flying creatures he hit on the way down.

The ship flipped and twisted once it hit the tree line.

The two criminals and Hardeen balanced there way towards an exit as the ship began to fill with swamp water.

"Nobody can trace us here." Hardeen proclaimed once they reached the exterior of the ship. "The swamp will swallow up the ship,"

"So we leave no trace of our crash." Moralo Eval praised as he wiped away the dust from the crash from his prison jumpsuit. "Moralo Eval likes a man who plans ahead. You do have a plan?"

"Yeah, I know Neal Hutta. We can get a new ship at Bibousa Bazaar. But this time, we buy one. Otherwise, we'll have the authorities back on our tail,"

"Not so fast." Bane said "We need to ditch these prison fatigues. We have a bounty on our heads for escaping. And I don't like to stand out...besides I've got a package waiting,"

Hardeen narrowed his eyes as Bane walked away.

If Skysati was there, it could either make the job easier or a lot more harder.

***

Moralo Eval stopped the group as he witnessed local security beat someone up "That's local security. Keep moving,"

The group lowered their heads so as to not gain too much attention to themselves until they reached a storefront.

"We'll get some new gear and equipment." Cad Bane proclaimed "Pablo's Pawn Shop has everything a bounty hunter needs and more,"

Hardeen looked grimly towards the ground, feeling for certain the Bounty Hunter was speaking of Skysati.

***

Cad Bane put his signature hat on his head.

"For trying to blend in, your hat sure makes you stand out," Hardeen noted.

"I don't like to hide under a helmet," Bane claimed.

The trio turned when they heard a scuffle.

Hardeen found it hard to keep a neutral face when he recognized the face.

"Let go of me you sleazy, halfwitted..." Skysati gasped when she was pushed to the ground. Skysati didn't have to look up to know who she was in front of. Skysati kept a brave face as she stood up and brushed herself off, staring defiantly at Cad Bane. Her skin crawled as the Duros' hand brushed against her cheek and pulled the Padawan braid from her hair.

Hardeen glanced over and saw the owner holding Skysati's lightsaber "I'll take the lightsaber, too,"

Skysati's head turned swiftly and used the force to get her weapon only to scream in pain as a familiar electric shock ran through her entire body. She glared up at Cad Bane, his hand hovering over his wrist band.

The lightsaber fell to the ground, Hardeen picked it up and tossed it in his hand a couple of times, before clipping it to his belt.

"I suggest you behave or I'll let Hardeen have his way with you," Bane threatened.

Eval laughed "He killed Obi-Wan Kenobi,"

It was at those words, Skysati felt the fight go out of her.

"No..." Skysati whispered.

It pained Obi-Wan to see his Padawan like that, after the multitude of times he had told her that Cad Bane would no longer be a threat to her.

Hardeen gazed at Skysati with a saddened look, hoping that in some way Skysati would understand that all hope was not lost, but the girl didn't even look up, just stared at the ground as she stood obediently beside Cad Bane.

The Duros Bounty Hunter smirking in victory.