3

Azula decided to put together a task force of two girls she said she grew up with. Cyra noted how fond she sounded of one of them— Ty Lee. Cyra joined her of course while she went to call on both of them, staying at the ship waiting for her return.

Azula did not seem fond of their earthbendimg technique lessons, and scheduled them less and less, which worried Cyra. Azula was glued to the plan Cyra made up, and she regrets not thinking more on her advice before giving it.

Cyra's door opened, and in came the person occupying her thoughts. Azula slammed the door behind her, leaning against the wall.

"Something upsetting you, princess?"

"Yes, actually. I cannot seem to make a plan moving forward, care to help?" There was something in Azula's voice, something testing. Cyra knew she'd have to give a good plan, Azula would know otherwise.

"Well, who are you going for first, your brother and uncle, or the avatar?"

"I'm not sure that part matters so much. Where one goes I am sure to find the other." Azula replied, squinting. Cyra surely would know that.

Cyra thought for awhile, Azula waited patiently.

"Have you ever had a pet before, Azula?" Cyra asked suddenly.

"What? No, pets stink." Azula scrunched up her nose in disgust, "why?"

"When I was a child, my family had a fire ferret named Zoha," Cyra started, whilst making herself a cup of jasmine tea, "he did indeed stink—"

"What does this have to do with anything?" Azula interrupted. While Azula was curious because Cyra has seldom opened up about her past, she was agitated and wanted Cyra to get to the point.

"You will see if you listen, Azula." Cyra looked into the other girl's eyes warningly. Azula dramatically sighed motioned for Cyra to continue.

"Anyways, during spring time, Zoha would always shed a tremendous amount for such a small animal, leaving a mess of fur everywhere he went. One spring day, he went missing. My family was devastated for days, so I went looking for him myself, in the woods. I started at his favorite area, where the berries were. In one of the berry bushes and scattered beyond, were pieces of Zoha's red fur. I followed the trail, and lo and behold at the end of it awaited our naughty Zoha, cheeks full of berries." Cyra smiled at the memory.

"I still don't see the relevance of this story, Cyra." Azula said, rather annoyed now. Cyra sighed.

"You mentioned once to me before that the avatar has a sky bison, is that right?" Cyra looked up from her tea to Azula, and watched as the realization dawned on her princess's face.

"Yes, you're right. At this time that giant beast ought to be leaving a hell of a trail straight to the avatar.... but how will I know where to start looking?" Azula wondered.

"Well, we know the avatar was after an earth bending teacher, and he did not find one in the city of Omashu—"

"New Ozai," Azula interrupted to correct.

"Yes, New Ozai. He was headed south from there, so my guess is he was headed to Gaoling to search there for an earthbending teacher." Cyra finished.

Azula looked at the girl fondly, all previous irritation gone. Cyra was proving to be very helpful, and Azula occasionally enjoyed the presence of someone who may be just as clever as herself.

"I want you to dine with me from now on, starting tonight. Is that understood?" Azula commanded.

"If you wanted to ask me on a date, Azula, you could have just said," Cyra commented, smirking, while sipping her tea.