Three

"ARE YOU NUTS!?" Knuckles exclaimed.

"No Knucky, I think I'm a genius! Shadow is the sweetest hedgehog I know, I'm sure he'll want to help us." Rouge reassures.

"Sweet? Not to me! He hates me and I don't like him either."

"It's because you are not the most easiest person to get along with and you have to make an attempt to get to know him. Please Knuckles, we can't afford a surrogate, I can't carry a full term, fertility meds make me nauseous and they were affecting my eye sight, and thanks to my theft background we can't adopt. We're out of options. This is our only chance. Please."

Knuckles sighed and thought about it for a second.

"You want this just a badly as I do. Will you please say you'll support me in this?" Rouge pleaded.

"Fine, if you can get him to do it. I'll support you. I just our family." Knuckles spoke.

Rouge squealed in excitement and pounce hugged him. She gave him a big kiss and held him tight. "Thank you knucky! I'm gonna go to Shadow's apartment and ask him right now!" She exclaimed.

"It's probably better if you go alone, he might say no if I'm there." Knuckles said.

Rouge nodded and grabbed her purse and keys to their car. "I'll be back in a few hours!" She shouted as she left.

"Good luck Rouge." Knuckles said as the door shut.

(20 minute drive later)

Rouge got out of her white car and walked up to Shadow's apartment.

It was pretty low maintenance building. There was dead grass, broken windows, suspicious people around it, and rusted up rails.

She walked up a few stairs and knocked on Shadow's door.

A few seconds later, Shadow opened it wearing a grey tank top and black sweats. "Hi Rouge, I wasn't expecting you." He said and let her in.

"Sorry for the sudden drop in. But I need to talk to you about something important." Rouge said as she sat on Shadow's couch.

"Important huh? What is it? Is it about your appointment today? Are you doing okay?" Shadow asked concerned.

"I'm fine hun and this is about what happened today. Just keep an open mind, okay?" Rouge requested.

"Okay?" Shadow said a little confused.

"Alright, you know that I can't have a baby of my own. And that Knuckles and I can't afford a real surrogate, right?"

"Yeah, have you guys thought of anymore ideas?"

"Yes, we came to one. It's our last chance too." Rouge added.

"What is it?" Shadow asked.

"That's where you coming in." Rouge spoke.

"Me? What do you want me to do? You know I would do anything for you but how can I help you get a baby?" Shadow asked.

"Well, I've been reading the project Shadow file because I was just trying to get today out of my head. Then I came across your biology section. More of along the lines of your reproductive system."

Shadow started to think about what Rouge was trying to say. Then his eyes widened. "You're not asking what I think you are, right?"

Rouge took a hold of Shadow's hands and looked him straight in the eyes.

"Shadow, will you be my surrogate?"