Thirteen

Things only got harder for Shadow. He was now 20 weeks pregnant and his belly has grown. It was harder for him to move around and his walk has almost turned completely into a waddle.

He has had no contact with Sonic for weeks. He was still forced to obey the schedule and was now monitored more strictly. All he thought about was Sonic and what almost happened at the lake in the forest.

The baby had started kicking and Shadow started to have cravings. But Rouge said he shouldn't give into them, she says it's not good for the baby. Shadow didn't tell Rouge about the kicking because he didn't want to be touched by them all the time. But due to the kicking, he found it harder to sleep at night and he couldn't sleep during the day because of the schedule.

Shadow was in the middle of his yoga time. He was in a red tank top and a grey pair of maternity pants that Sonic had gave him. He had barely groomed quills and dark circles under his eyes due to lack of sleep.

Knuckles was sitting on the couch and watching over him. (He was wearing a blue hoodie and matching sweats.) But really he was messing around on his phone. He looked up from it and saw that Shadow was dozing off. "Hey! You got at least thirty more minutes of this. Then you get your hour of whatever you want to do!" Knuckles said trying to keep him awake.

"I haven't been sleeping very well, just this once, can we end the yoga stuff a little early for I can get some sleep?" Shadow asked, practically begging.

"No, you'll get your time once this is over." Knuckles rejected.

Shadow was miserable, he was exhausted and didn't feel up to do anymore moving around.

Knuckles rolled his eyes at the pregnant hedgehog and put his phone on the table. "I'm going to the bathroom, when I come back you'd better still awake." He spoke and left for the bathroom.

Shadow watched him leave and saw his phone on the table. Then he thought of Sonic. 'There's no way he would have said any of those things. I have to know the truth.' He thought.

He quickly, as could with the baby bump, got Knuckles phone and went to his contacts. He scrolled and scrolled for Sonic's contact. He finally found it and quickly typed out a text.

He wrote: Sonic, it's Shadow. I'm texting you from the echidna's phone because they deleted your contact from mine. I need to know that you didn't say all these things that Rouge and Knuckles told me. Tell me you didn't say that you weren't going to see me anymore and to erase all contact with you.

Shadow sent the text and hoped for a quick response. He eyed the bathroom door and the phone at the same time.

Suddenly there was a text notification!

Sonic had texted back: Of course I didn't say any of those things. I tried to fight for you and they told me that if I tried to come over or contact you they would call the police. I told them that you weren't happy but they wouldn't listen. But you should know that-

The phone was snatched away from him before he could read the rest.

"And what do you think you're doing with my phone!" Knuckles exclaimed and looked at the screen.

"Both of you lied to me! He didn't want to stop seeing me, you forced him to!" Shadow yelled as he stood up.

"So what? He isn't apart of this!" Knuckles exclaimed.