Twelve

"It's so nice you have finally graced us with your presents." Rouge said clearly angry.

"Rouge listen I-"

"I don't want to hear it Sonic!" Rouge exclaimed and then turned to Shadow. "Shadow, you knew our agreement and our schedule. And you broke my trust, you could have hurt my baby today because of your actions. So please go to your room. I'll talk to you more later." Rouge explained.

"I know your upset but-"

"Go Shadow! Now!" She yelled.

Sonic put a hand on Shadow's shoulder, "It's okay, just go."

Shadow nodded and went to his room.

"Rouge, we need to talk about this schedule you have for Shadow." Sonic stated.

"No, you don't get to come into our home and act like you know anything that's going on!" Rouge exclaimed and then turned to Knuckles. "And you, how could you leave him knowing how important that schedule is to our child!"

"I thought Sonic was going to follow it, I just needed a break." Knuckles said.

"A break from what!? Shadow knows how important it is to follow the schedule and he doesn't even talk most of time!" Rouge yelled.

"Okay okay, you're right. Ill make sure everything goes right. I promise." Knuckles stated.

"Thank you." Rouge said.

"And now on to you." Rouge spoke directing her attention at Sonic. "How dare you disregard what we have in place for our baby. You don't know how we work in this house and I can understand that. But even after Knuckles told you there was a schedule to follow, you completely ignore it!"

"That's because I wasn't going to force him to do something he didn't want to do. I came over to hang out with him, not to tell him what to do. And did you ever think that Shadow isn't okay with this schedule? He practically begged me to take him out and away from this place! So I did it because it made him happy!" Sonic rebuttaled.

Knuckles finally stood up and went next to his wife. "This isn't your family on the line Sonic! Shadow agreed to do this for us and while he is here, he follows our rules. And we don't need you coming in here and acting like you own the place!"

"That's not what I'm doing you know it!" Sonic exclaimed.

"Yelling at each other isn't getting us anywhere." Rouge said and walked to the front door. "Let's talk outside, Shadow doesn't need to hear any of this."

Sonic and Knuckles nodded and went outside with Rouge.

"Sonic, I admit that the schedule was hard for Shadow to get used to, but he did agree to do this. He knows how important it is to us that our baby is okay and healthy. And it's just as much Shadow's fault for ignoring the schedule as it is yours. But his defiance was not as bad as today with you." Rouge explained.

"And what does that mean?" Sonic asked.

"It means that I think you are a bad influence on him while he's in such a hormonal state. So I think it's for the best that you don't come around here until the baby is born." Rouge explained.

Sonic was not only offended but shocked. "That's ridiculous Rouge! If anyone's the bad influence, it's you and your tempered husband!" Sonic yelled.

Knuckles was about to charge at him until Rouge stopped him. "This is for my baby Sonic. This isn't your life and it isn't about your family. And if can't respect our wishes then you are not welcomed in our home." Rouge stated.

"Shadow isn't going to stand for this. He enjoys our time together and we text and talk all the time. You can't keep us apart." Sonic replied.

"Then you'll leave us with no choice. Starting now, if you come near our home or Shadow we will call the police. And Shadow will not be aloud to contact you either. If you try to call or text him, we'll charge you with harassment and you'll be labeled as a stalker." Rouge explained.

"You can't be serious!" Sonic exclaimed not believing her.

"I'm dead serious Sonic. Now leave us alone and don't try to contact Shadow again." Rouge spoke with a serious tone.

Sonic stood his ground while he thought about his situation. He came to a conclusion. He looked at the house and thought of Shadow.

'I'm sorry Shadow, I'll make this right somehow.' He thought as he sped away from the house.

"Glad he got the message. Now what are we going to do about Shadow?" Knuckles commented.

"I'll handle it. But I'll need you to do something after I'm done talking to him." Rouge replied.

(With Shadow)

Shadow was sitting on his bed waiting to be chewed out by Rouge. He wondered what they were talking about outside of bedroom.

He looked down at his baby bump and frowned. "You are starting to become more trouble than your worth." He whispered to the bump, running his hand over it.

Suddenly his door opened and revealed Rouge.

"Before I start, do you have anything to say for yourself?" Rouge asked.

"He was just trying to be nice to me Rouge. He didn't mean any harm by taking me out." Shadow stated.

"I'm not just mad at Sonic, I'm disappointed in you as well. You knew what you have to do everyday and you just ignored it. This is my child inside of you Shadow and I'm trying to keep it safe. And I will make sure it is." Rouge explained.

Shadow had heard all of this before and just pretended to listen. But it did hurt him a little to her say she was disappointed in him.

"With that being said, Sonic said that he isn't going to come over anymore. He agreed with me that he didn't understand how important the schedule was and that he will not interfere with our family again."

Shadow was in shock and disbelief to hear this. "Your lying to me. I don't believe you!" He said getting upset.

"I'm sorry Shadow, but it's the truth. Knuckles heard the same thing I did. It surprised me as much as it surprises you." Rouge spoke.

Shadow shook his head in disbelief. "I want to be left alone now."

Rouge nodded and left the room.

But Knuckles came in soon after holding Sonic's gift for Shadow.

"What do you want now?" Shadow asked still upset.

"Nothing from you. Ya left this on the couch along with your phone." Knuckles stated as he tossed the bag onto Shadow's bed. "I put your phone in it. And don't bother trying to call or text Sonic. He asked me if I would block and delete his number from your phone." Knuckles said as he shut the door and left.

Shadow quickly got his phone out of the bag and check to see if Sonic's contact was still there. It wasn't.

He tossed his phone aside in anger and laid down on his bed. Tears threatened to come to his eyes and he fought them off. He truly did feel like prisoner now.

(With Rouge and Knuckles)

Rouge was sitting on her bed thinking while Knuckles entered the room.

"Did you tell him what I told you?" She asked.

"Yup, I think he bought it." Knuckles replied.

"And you really deleted Sonic's contact of his phone?"

"And blocked Sonic's number Incase he tried to call."

Rouge nodded and leaned her head on Knuckles shoulder. "We are doing the right thing for our baby, aren't we?"

"Yes, we are." Knuckles replied as he rubbed his bat wife's back.