Five

(The next day)

Knuckle and Rouge were driving over to Shadow's apartment to help him move in to their house for the next 9 months.

Rouge was wearing a pink tank top and jean shorts. Knuckles was wearing a blue hoodie and jeans.

"I still can't believe he said yes. And he's really going to be living with us the whole time?" Knuckles spoke.

"For the hundredth time, yes knuky. And you will be nice to him. You realize this is your baby too. He is doing this because he is sweet and kind, don't make him regret it." Rouge answered.

Knuckles rolled his eyes. "Fine, but if he starts something with me-"

"You have to deal with it and be nice. I'm seriously Knuckles. This is our future kid we're talking about."

The two arrived at Shadow's apartment building and got out of the car. They walked up to his door and knocked.

"Come in!" Shadow's voice exclaimed from behind the door.

They married couple opened Shadow's door and found Shadow holding a trash bag wearing a purple long sleeve shirt and black sweat pants

"Good morning my favorite hedgehog in the world! You got everything you need packed?" Rouge greeted and hugged him.

"Morning, and yes." He said holding up the trash bag.

"Is that it? A trash bag?" Knuckles asked.

"I don't have much, not materialistic. Other than this, I have a box of books and colored pencils." Shadow answered.

"Fine, give me the bag, I'll put it in the car." Knuckles said.

Shadow tossed him the bag and watched him leave. Leaving him alone with Rouge. "I can tell he's not happy about our arrangement."

"He just has to get used to it hun. He doesn't like change, just like you." Rouge replied.

Shadow nodded and went to his bedroom. Rouge followed him and looked around his bare room.

Shadow grabbed the box he talked about and lifted it.

"Maybe it will do you some good, getting you out of this place and around other people." Rouge said.

"I like my privacy. I don't see anything wrong with that. Let's go." Shadow replied and left the room.

Shadow and Rouge went outside and met Knuckles in the car. Rouge sat up front and Shadow in the back with his stuff.

"Ready to go?" Rouge asked.

Shadow nodded. "Yeah."

Knuckles started the car and left Shadow's apartment building.

Shadow looked out the window and tuned out Knuckles and Rouge talking about life after the baby and the radio they had playing. 'How am I gonna survive the next nine months?'

(At Knuckles and Rouge's house)

The trio exited the car, Shadow grabbed his box while Knuckles grabbed his trash bag. They all walked into the house and took Shadow to his new room.

This room had the wooden crib, a white book shelf, and a fluffy white carpet.

Shadow sat down his box on his made bed and saw the crib.

"This is gonna be the babies room once it's here. We'll let you put your stuff away and get settled in. Then we'll talk about what's gonna happen next." Rouge explained.

Shadow nodded and opened his box.

Rouge nodded back and left the room, leaving him and Knuckles alone.

Knuckles put the bag near his bed. He looked like he was holding something in. Shadow noticed this.

"If you have something to say, just say it. If we're going to be living with each other for the next nine months you better get used to saying what you need to say around me." Shadow said pulling out a few books.

Knuckles made sure Rouge wasn't in ear shot of them. "You want me to say what's on my mind, then I will. I wasn't exactly thrilled when Rouge brought this idea up to me. You don't like me and I don't like you. Just remember that this is my home, not yours. I'm the man of the house, don't cause trouble and there won't be any."

"Anything else? Cause I'd like to start putting my stuff away." Shadow replied.

Knuckles rolled his eyes and walked out, closing the door.

Shadow just took what Knuckles said and brushed it off. 'It's only for nine months, you're doing this for Rouge...Just breathe.' Shadow thought as he took out his books and art supplies.

He placed his books on the shelf and organized his art supplies on them as well. His book consisted of dystopian novels. He had one sketch book, a set of cheap colored pencils, and a few warn down pencils.

Once Shadow was down with that, he grabbed the trash bag and started to unpack his clothes. Mostly consisted of comfortable old shirts, a few ripped jeans, and lots of sweat pants.

Shadow was down putting his things away and took a minute to look at the crib. He couldn't imagine himself being pregnant, let alone giving birth.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. "You still alive in there? Come on, Rouge needs to talk to you." Knuckles voice came from behind the door.

"I'll be there in a minute." Shadow replied and move away from the crib and into the living room.